Hacking Pokemon X&Y flashcard community saves

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ever wonder if these "removed" pokemon were ever going to be announced as a gamestop "distro" event? or did the discovery kill it?

Well, for Diancie, it's only a matter of time. It's not even out in Japan yet. Usually major movie promo distro's lag behind Japan and are related to the either the movie release in the US/Europe or are just release up to 6 months or more after the fact.

AZ Floette is different. Nobody really even knows exactly where it fits in yet as far as story outside of the game. It could be a very long time before we find out how it fits in Nintendo's plan and a possible release date. It could also be that we will never see it officially released. It would not be the first time that something was included in a Pokemon game and was scrapped later (like the Hall of Origin.)

For the mega stones, my guess would be that they will be related to the Gen 3 remakes. For all we know, it could be the next worldwide Wi-Fi release at the launch of the games this fall.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, for Diancie, it's only a matter of time. It's not even out in Japan yet. Usually major movie promo distro's lag behind Japan and are related to the either the movie release in the US/Europe or are just release up to 6 months or more after the fact.

AZ Floette is different. Nobody really even knows exactly where it fits in yet as far as story outside of the game. It could be a very long time before we find out how it fits in Nintendo's plan and a possible release date. It could also be that we will never see it officially released. It would not be the first time that something was included in a Pokemon game and was scrapped later (like the Hall of Origin.)

For the mega stones, my guess would be that they will be related to the Gen 3 remakes. For all we know, it could be the next worldwide Wi-Fi release at the launch of the games this fall.

you could be right...but if my memory serves correctly, were future unannounced last gen DS distro events cancelled because celebi was discovered in a Legendary distro cart hidden away to be activated a few months later? and all the distro carts kept being dumped? (Deoxoy, legendary cart etc) or am I wrong?

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
were future unannounced last gen DS distro events cancelled because celebi was discovered in a Legendary distro cart hidden away to be activated a few months later?

Yeah, the Celebi distribution was pushed back.
But it still got released, just under different OT/ID

and all the distro carts kept being dumped? (Deoxys, legendary cart etc) or am I wrong?
[

Yeah distro carts got dumped.

Waiting for it to happen.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the Celebi distribution was pushed back.
But it still got released, just under different OT/ID

[

Yeah distro carts got dumped.

Waiting for it to happen.

ah...so it wasn't cancelled but just held back..I knew the leak affected the GameStop distribution events in some way. glad that was cleared up

and I think the Gamestop's will be more tight with the 3DS distro carts and the leaks will be far and few in between as they probably got chewed out by Nintendo / Game Freak via email or conference call.. They weren't oblivious of the "scene" having access to these ROMS. I just hope that this discovery didn't stunt or kill the official unveiling of these hidden and secret pokemon

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could be right...but if my memory serves correctly, were future unannounced last gen DS distro events cancelled because celebi was discovered in a Legendary distro cart hidden away to be activated a few months later? and all the distro carts kept being dumped? (Deoxoy, legendary cart etc) or am I wrong?

I don't recall that specifically, but I will admit that I fell behind on events last gen. Edit: Now I know something that I didn't before. Interesting bit of info.

I do know that the Hall of Origin was scrapped because they felt that it was too complicated for people to figure out how to use the flute (which really doesn't make sense to me, but that was the reason given.) To my knowledge, the distro carts only come with the data for that specific event and nothing else. A Celebi was most likely never planned for gen 5 because an event Celebi (Win2011) was widely distributed during HG/SS. Historically, Nintendo tends not to do extremely close overlapping event giveaways and mostly suspect that people will migrate them up the chain of games. What we don't get to see is the master long term plans of Nintendo/Game Freak which tends to dictate things like in game content and event giveaways.

For example, there were practically no gen 3 pokemon in X/Y most likely because they had already decided that there was going to be a set of remakes a year or more earlier. We don't really appreciate it, but when dealing with massive franchises, most companies plan years ahead on to handle the brand and where to go next. We see the after effects and then begin to see patterns (like for the remakes.)

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I just hope that this discovery didn't stunt or kill the official unveiling of these hidden and secret pokemon

I'm hoping for just one leak.

This way, we can find ways to mod it :DDD

I do know that the Hall of Origin was scrapped because they felt that it was too complicated for people to figure out how to use the flute (which really doesn't make sense to me, but that was the reason given.)

Won't you agree that, that is such a lazy excuse from Ninty?

I mean heck, we all knew about it and how to get up there!

(Youtube~)

To my knowledge, the distro carts only come with the data for that specific event and nothing else. A Celebi was most likely never planned for gen 5 because an event Celebi (Win2011) was widely distributed during HG/SS.

The Gamestop Celebi was leaked together with the Gamestop Shiny Beasts; it was on the same cart.

However, the Gamestop Celebi was cancelled/postponed and released as Win2011 (Gen IV events)

Historically, Nintendo tends not to do extremely close overlapping event giveaways and mostly suspect that people will migrate them up the chain of games. What we don't get to see is the master long term plans of Nintendo/Game Freak which tends to dictate things like in game content and event giveaways.

Yeah, they do release them per quarter or so,
Most likely to keep fans attached to the game,
while preparing to release for a new game.

For example, there were practically no gen 3 pokemon in X/Y most likely because they had already decided that there was going to be a set of remakes a year or more earlier. We don't really appreciate it, but when dealing with massive franchises, most companies plan years ahead on to handle the brand and where to go next. We see the after effects and then begin to see patterns (like for the remakes.)

Technically there were a few gen 3 events, just that it's only in Japan.

Like the Mawile holding Mawilite.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree that in regards to the flute it was a rather odd excuse for sure. However, that was the official after the fact reason from one of the developers (Masuda himself). http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/interview/35513/pokemon-x-and-y-interview-with-game-freak

Like I said in my edit, I learned a new fact and thought that was a cool bit of info.

I'm not just talking about events though. If you look at the game as a whole, gen 3 Pokemon were highly underrepresented when compared to other gen Pokemon in this game. Most likely, it was due to the fact that they already knew that they were doing a remake. It is very similar to how the initial gen 3 games pretty much completely ignored gen 1/2 pokemon more than likely because they already knew far in advance that they were remaking the gen 1 games.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I agree that in regards to the flute it was a rather odd excuse for sure. However, that was the official after the fact reason from one of the developers (Masuda himself). http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/interview/35513/pokemon-x-and-y-interview-with-game-freak[/quote]

Yeah, I found it a shame that they cancelled it out.

Kids who can use youtube will be able to find it immediately!

I wanted my legit shiny Arceus :(

I'm not just talking about events though. If you look at the game as a whole, gen 3 Pokemon were highly underrepresented when compared to other gen Pokemon in this game. Most likely, it was due to the fact that they already knew that they were doing a remake. It is very similar to how the initial gen 3 games pretty much completely ignored gen 1/2 pokemon more than likely because they already knew far in advance that they were remaking the gen 1 games.

No I get it, I actually agree that gen III has been very under presented.
Just stating that there were a few minor events.

If only they're remake FRLG (crazy cycle repeats)

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hear you on that one.

It's not like they haven't released other events that required traveling to other areas to catch a Pokemon. I thought that the whole scenario was kind of cool and actually didn't seem like an afterthought like some of their other in game legendary captures. It's sad that they axed it. They eliminated a cool part of the game in my opinion.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I hear you on that one.

It's not like they haven't released other events that required traveling to other areas to catch a Pokemon. I thought that the whole scenario was kind of cool and actually didn't seem like an afterthought like some of their other in game legendary captures. It's sad that they axed it. They eliminated a cool part of the game in my opinion.

I know what.

It was actually really, really, REALLY cool!

When it was skipped over in Diamond and Pearl, I was hoping they'll release it for Platinum.

I mean, they still programmed the Double Arceus Event for HGSS!

(Fateful Arceus gives one legendary Trio at Sinto Ruins. Hall of Origin Arceus gives another one of the time/space/antimatter trio)

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It definitely was a running theme in both games sets of games, so you would think that Platinum would have fixed it. They could have done it easily for sure.

SunnyDelacote

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
i'm glad you released a 3dz save, but i want to know if this is gonna be updated or are you only leave it like that, because in the original save you had atleast 2 boxes of shinys and a box of legendary pokemon. and here there are only 20 shinys, also a lot of them cant be shared online like tepig, zygarde, etc. because they're shiny locked or because HO

SunnyDelacote

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
as far as i know, you can get volcanon and hoopa via hacking the rom to modify the wild pokemon on safari, just like you did with az floette and diancie

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So anyone with a JPN game want to add hoopa, volcanion, and the "hidden" items and type gems to the community save?

Somebody on one of the Powersaves thread said that they were going to make a file. I really couldn't tell if they were serious or not. It was a new user ranting against Kaphotics and the like.

I haven't heard anybody else say anything public yet. If somebody posts just a normal file with the stuff in it, I will compile them into the community save (giving full credit to the user who contributes it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Plus a lot of the times they just seemed half hearted attempts