Hacking Warning: Breath of the Wild with 3.0.1 Update

geek_76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, based on what i have read here - my current plan is to take my unopened BotW explorers edition (which has a high likelihood of being a 3.0.1 cart) back to Best Buy and exchange it for a non-explorer edition of BotW that will run on FW 3.0 and lower. Am I missing anything? Any reports of “regular” BotW versions being 3.0.1? I am located in Indiana / USA if that matters even the slightest. :)

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So, based on what i have read here - my current plan is to take my unopened BotW explorers edition (which has a high likelihood of being a 3.0.1 cart) back to Best Buy and exchange it for a non-explorer edition of BotW that will run on FW 3.0 and lower. Am I missing anything? Any reports of “regular” BotW versions being 3.0.1? I am located in Indiana / USA if that matters even the slightest. :)
This report was of a regular one. I haven't heard reports of the explorers edition being on 3.0.1 though.

Linkinsoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Which ean does your copy have (to check If the correct firmware will be on my copy)?

And can you do me a big favor and check if the option for "local game option" is available with 3.0.0 update? Select + on the game (perfect would be on Mario kart),then go to game update and the local update (or similar)
Does it say "will be available with a later system update" or can you actually select this?
Can anyone please check if this is possible on 3.0.0?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We will need a serial number on this game for 1.0.0 and 3.0.1. Anybody ? I want to buy a brand one that came with 1.0.0 and not 3.0.1 recently.

D

Deleted User

With the release of Nintendo Switch's 3.0.0 update, a new bug was introduced causing some users to experience issues with the system's battery indicator, which Nintendo has now addressed. [in 3.0.1]
Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/01/nintendo-switch-updated-to-fix-battery-charge-meter-bug

The issue manifests itself in a few ways. Either your system will never charge fully, the charging icon is not reflective of the total charge (meaning it looks low when it isn’t) or the icon doesn’t appear at all.
Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/insert...ously-convoluted-seven-hour-fix/#5be5c60310fa

I play on 3.0 all the time and I never see this issue...

D

Deleted User

Probably because you didn't let the battery drain until it died. Or you only play docked, which continuously charges it.

This is true. I generally will play at work for no more than an 1h so it never fully drains. Though gosh I have noticed no difference in terms of battery charge or life. But yeah I think my switch has fully drained only like 2x and I was never at 3.0 when it happened. But never seen icon disappear and it seems to charge just fine once I get home.

MalayZN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so on black friday i bought legend of zelda breath of the wild on sale. my mario odyssey switch was on 3.0.0.
today i inserted the game in my switch console and it said i needed to update my console software in order to play it. i thought wtf this is a 1.0.0 game.
i agreed and after a reboot i was on 3.0.1 :(

so it seems nintendo replaced the older games <3.0.0 with ones that require >3.0.1

if one of those games from the firmware list wants an update, decline and buy an used copy.

my advice

I thought and assumed that Mario Odyssey was a 3.0.1 game and also would come with a switch that was 3.0.1.
so not sure if it makes sense. Can any other users validate this ?

Paiuand

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
The Switch that comes with the Super Mario Odyssey bundle is 3.0.0 yes, but the game itself requires 3.0.1.
Also, you get the digital code for it but since you can't access eshop on 3.0.1 anyways i don’t think you would use it if you’re waiting for hax.

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you want to make sure how this works: look at the cartridge!

Attachments

• Zelda_BOTW_Compatability.jpg
    Zelda_BOTW_Compatability.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 367

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"