OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thursday I had my Wii chipped with a Cyclowiz chip. First discovery I faced was that it didn't recognized TDK 1-16x DVD+R.
So after throwing away 6 useless games, I reburned Super Monkey Ball (PAL). This time I burned it also on TDK 1-16x DVD+R, but then with booktype setting in ImgBurn, so the game should be burned as DVD-ROM. After the burningprocess, I inserted the game and it worked flawless. No problems at all during the 30 minutes I played.
Second game I decided to play was WarioWare Smooth Moves (PAL). I used the same burningprocess, and it got recognized without any problems. The installer of the chip warned me for stuttering during the intro, so I thought that was normal and a problem in the release. But when I played more levels, the problem repeated every time there was a "cutscene" (that is the short movies where the story is explained before the actual gameplay begins and after the gameplay ends). The problem is that the animation and sound starts to stutter sometimes. During the actual gameplay there are no problems at all.
I decided to reburn the game in the same way, but still the problem remained. Yesterday I bought some Sony (yes, the company from the Playstation console
biggrin.gif
) 1-16x DVD-R. And guess what. Still exactly the same game. Before ordering Verbatim DVD-R, to try those, I hope there are some other people who have some experience with the Cyclowiz chip and the WarioWare game. At first it looks like it's a Cyclowiz problem to me. The installer had the problem and I have the problem. And with Super Monkey Ball (burned as DVD-ROM with TDK 1-16x DVD+R) and Gottlieb Pinball Classics (burned with Sony 1-16x DVD-r), I don't have any problems.

I burned all games at 4x speed.

Who also has experience with the same and with different games and with different media on a Cyclowiz chipped Wii?

elomaniak

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
just press the home button and perpess it
then the stuttering ends

burned it 20 minutes before
got the same problem
burned it with 4x on Octron DVD-R

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Odd that hitting the Home button would fix it. There are lots of DRE's floating around, could be a bad burner, could be bad media, could be the chip itself. I'm staying tuned to see what happens with all this!

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
First of all I'd recommend using some decent media. GC also has problems like this on low quality media (stuttering videos etc.)

Also, I'd burn the DVD at the rated speed (or just under) rather than burning it at a slower speed - some DVD drives actually burn discs better like this (quality scans show this).

Lastly, there are some DVD-writers that are just plain crap
wink.gif

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I agree with Dirtie on this.
It can take some trial and error to find the right combination of burner and media for a good quality burn. The Wii may just not like some writable media too.
The speed issue is definitely true too. Try burn your media at different speeds with the same game and see if it makes a difference.
I have some media that burns better in one of my burners when burned faster than its rated speed.
I don't recommend that but it does prove a point, lower speed does NOT always equal better quality.

elomaniak

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
hi there today i burned Rayman RR

same media and same speed on 2 different programs.

i get a DRE right after the boot of the DVD
anyone else got the same message?

i will try out Verbatim DVD-R's on monday or tuesday

instigator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The media FAQ on wiinja.com clearly states that media burned at higher speeds (16x) seem to work. Sure its the same with the Cyclowiz and all other modchips.

LaGzoR

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I have downloaded Wario Ware PAL (pi-wwsm.r**)
The game is a .WII and it's 4 736 698 368 bytes.
I saw that on a post :

QUOTE said:
If it's 4 699 979 776 bytes, it's unscrambled.
If it's 4 700 012 544 bytes, it's unscrambled with unscrambler 0.4 which addes an extra 32 768 bytes to the file (JESUS release)
If it's 4 736 698 368 bytes, it's in raw format and must be unscrambled.

So, i unscrambled it with unscrambler 0.4 and, now, the game is 4 700 012 544 octets.
I think it will not work because most of the game we downloaded are in raw format (4 699 979 776 bytes) and work...
If we unscrambled a game with unscrambler 0.4, it will not work ?
I wait to burn it because I can't solder my Wiinja (problem with the triwing screws !).

splattered

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a relatively old Pioneer DVR-105 dvd burner... i wonder if it's going to give me problems when burning Wii games? it does great with any other dvd burning... movies, xbox, etc... should i invest in a newer burner?

Hmmm

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hello,

I have downloaded Wario Ware PAL (pi-wwsm.r**)
The game is a .WII and it's 4 736 698 368 bytes.
I saw that on a post :

QUOTE said:
If it's 4 699 979 776 bytes, it's unscrambled.
If it's 4 700 012 544 bytes, it's unscrambled with unscrambler 0.4 which addes an extra 32 768 bytes to the file (JESUS release)
If it's 4 736 698 368 bytes, it's in raw format and must be unscrambled.

So, i unscrambled it with unscrambler 0.4 and, now, the game is 4 700 012 544 octets.
I think it will not work because most of the game we downloaded are in raw format (4 699 979 776 bytes) and work...
If we unscrambled a game with unscrambler 0.4, it will not work ?
I wait to burn it because I can't solder my Wiinja (problem with the triwing screws !).
The unscrambler has a bug where it repeats the last 32KB - I doubt it'll make a difference either way however. If you're that worried, open it in Winhex or something, delete the last 32KB (8000 in hex) and save it - but personally I wouldn't bother.

splattered

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took a backup of excite truck as a test and ran unscrambler on the iso file... it said it didnt find any seeds and it only took a second... then i looked at the 4gb iso file and it had become a 32k iso file. :wtf: is that supposed to happen?

LaGzoR

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
The unscrambler has a bug where it repeats the last 32KB - I doubt it'll make a difference either way however. If you're that worried, open it in Winhex or something, delete the last 32KB (8000 in hex) and save it - but personally I wouldn't bother.
If I do that, the game will be in raw format ?
Who have already delete the last 32KB and tested the game ?
No other team unscrambler Wario PAL !
Thank you for your idea but i will wait
wink.gif

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
I took a backup of excite truck as a test and ran unscrambler on the iso file... it said it didnt find any seeds and it only took a second... then i looked at the 4gb iso file and it had become a 32k iso file. :wtf: is that supposed to happen?
Well a 32k ISO file isn't going to be much good to you, so no, I'd say that wasn't supposed to happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I...