spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I'm looking to transfer all of my game carts to my system. Is this currently possible without a gateway/sky cart?

My 3DS XL is currently 9.2, I don't mind downgrading.
Is there currently a tutorial for setting up an emunand, converting cart games to an installable format and installing them on said emunand?

valyr

Trophies
XP
Country
well you can dump all of your game carts with gateways launcher no card needed and you can convert them to cia files easy enough
emunand is also possible without gateway (rxtools is good for this) but there is still no way to install games to a non patched cfw (emunand)
that were made using any sdk after 5 (fw7.0) at least not to my knowledge. it also depends on what games and what your morals are i.e
will you download a backup of a game you own or must it be ripped from your cart.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
  1. For starters, you'll need to install some form of custom firmware if you're dead set against using flashcart solutions. You have an old 3DS and you're on 9.2, so you can use the Websploit as an entry point for installation. You're kind of better off downgrading to 4.5, so here's an installation guide for you - no need for a Gateway: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...stall-cfw-without-owning-gateway-card.378256/
  2. Next you'll have to dump your cartridges. Since you don't want to use a Gateway, this step might be problematic. I'm out of ideas, I'm not that mich into the 3DS scene, but perhaps there's an open source dumper available.
  3. To convert your .3DS dumps into installable .CIA's follow this a guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-converting-3ds-to-cia-for-dummies.373722/
  4. rxTools should serve you well in terms of EmuNAND and whatnot:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-rxtools-roxas75-3ds-toolkit-fw-2-0-9-2.382782/
I hope the list was somewhat helpful. ;)

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next you'll have to dump your cartridges. Since you don't want to use a Gateway, this step might be problematic. I'm out of ideas, I'm not that mich into the 3DS scene, but perhaps there's an open source dumper available.
You can dump your cartridges via the gateway menu even if you don't own a gateway. Just point your 3DS's browser to go.gateway-3ds.com

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you can dump games, turn them into CIAs.
You can play them on PBT-CFW or Palantine's. Assuming none need 7.x crypto. But you probably have some that do, and those can't be played this way without a gateway.
Rxtools would be great for this but he's anti-piracy. And while this isn't piracy, there's no way to properly sign the games converted to CIA, so they won't work with his cfw.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway is technically custom firmware. The red gateway cart is a drm dongle used to enter gateways custom firmware.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well you still kinda need it initially to get dev menu installed, unless you downgrade to 4.x install dev menu via pbt, then set up emunand etc.....but who cares really imo its their work if they decide to not want to work for free that's their decision and i won't complain, if another dev steps forward and wants to make a free cfw with all the features thats their decision too, but lets not turn this into a "we deserve it free" "no you don't" debate again, you get what your given unless you make it yourself ;)

Reactions: MrJason005

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: