Hacking Waninkokos Wii Config v1.0

hOTzENpLOTz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just to make this clear (again): I don't know of anybody that is working on an ISO loader and it very well may be that there never will be such a thing.

The problem here is that the Wii system only supports USB 1.1. It might be, that the hardware supports USB 2.0, but one would have to write a lot of code to be able use that. svpe (who is developing the USB Mass Storage driver) will definitely not do this. And by the way, his current implementation supports FAT32, which supports files up to 4 GB. This should be enough for all kinds of audio and video media files and that is all I want.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
i wish waninkoko will still update this regularly

cause it helps me and i'm sure a fair lot of jpn wii owners to understand what we're turning on or off this time

and also to those who cant get bushing's disc to work but still

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hOTzENpLOTz said:
Just to make this clear (again): I don't know of anybody that is working on an ISO loader and it very well may be that there never will be such a thing.

The problem here is that the Wii system only supports USB 1.1. It might be, that the hardware supports USB 2.0, but one would have to write a lot of code to be able use that. svpe (who is developing the USB Mass Storage driver) will definitely not do this. And by the way, his current implementation supports FAT32, which supports files up to 4 GB. This should be enough for all kinds of audio and video media files and that is all I want.

AFAIK the hardware IS USB 2.0. And if one person doesn't code a driver, someone else will.

Like everything else hacking related, it's all just a matter of time.
yaypsp.gif

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Oh, okay. Though I wasn't wrong, you can still semi-brick if you're an idiot, and install a different regions update via a .wad lol.

I was about to say it would be possible if someone made an ISO loader...
But then I realised how stupid I was.

I meant, if you did brick your Wii without a mod-chip through an ISO loader, the obvious would be that in that case you could use Bushing's DVD semi-brick fix.

And ISO loaders are bound to pop up over the holidays, when everyone has tons of time. It's not as if it would be hard to implement, we just need a few developments like NTFS support, USB 2.0 support, and the actual ISO loader.

waninkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
bushing's method only will work for now. It's just a disc that contains latest system menu update. When you install a new system menu, the semibrick is fixed.

What will happen when a NEWER system menu appears and it semibricks a Wii? bushing discs won't work as the updates contained in the disc are OLDER.

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, by the way does the ones "not available" are by its nature or is it because i do not have wifi access yet?

like the wiiconnect24?

also you should add an update option so you could update the wii without accesing the menu

Stalkid64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
waninkoko said:
bushing's method only will work for now. It's just a disc that contains latest system menu update. When you install a new system menu, the semibrick is fixed.

What will happen when a NEWER system menu appears and it semibricks a Wii? bushing discs won't work as the updates contained in the disc are OLDER.

Well gee, I guess bushing would be screwed then. Not like he could oh, I don't know... just update the iso. Ah except of course new systemmenu would mean IOS37 so his disc wouldn't work.
Oh... right, and because of that same fact, neither will your config tool.
Epic logical fail.
tongue.gif

gamidi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
You are forgetting that this is an ELF not a trucha signed disk. It can still be run through twilight hack even if ios37 is activated unlike bushing disks.

pnut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, what are semi brick issues? My friend is having issues with not being able to get into his Wii System Settings or Data Management areas (the GUI buttons won't work). Or when he gets into the Mii Channel, he cannot click on any of the options. Other than that, he cna play backups and everything.

The only thing done was we put Wiikey and updated to 1.9s and ran Super Smash BRos NTSC-U to test and it worked. But then we noticed the other issues. Is this Semi-Bricking and will the Bushing fix work? Thanks!

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
waninkoko said:

then he will release discs with updated system menu, what's the problem ?

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
i think he means when you know bushing cant have the updates then someone semi bricks their wii

well its a temporary menu untill bushing releases one

ponard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
will this work on japan wii?
if it does it will be very helpful to non japanese owners to change settings without bleeding their noses to translate kanji.

ssj4android

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, what does this do? Does it let me set-up and use a network without being able to connect to Nintendo (as this is impossible with the current Nintendo menu).

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
trust me it helps us jpn wii owners

its a mini config menu try it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass