Hardware Wait for the slim?

_Burai_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
So I finally saved up enough money to buy one, but should I just wait for the slim one? I heard that its pretty big and I'm really in a hurry to buy one so... should I wait or just buy it when its out?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
The PSP 2000 was released three years after the 1000.

Honestly, it's mad if people are talking about the 'slim' when it's not even out in most parts of the world, heck nobody even knows if there's going to be one.

Reactions: 1 person

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
This is going to end up like 3DS Lite threads... no?

Anyway, I think a revision will come, but I doubt we'll see one so soon. Also, the console isn't even out in the west yet.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
The one doubt I have about a Slim would be it's possible questionable build quality. The PSP Slims were more prone to cracking on the housing than the older PSP models but in every other aspect was superior to earlier iterations.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I preordered mines already. I say go demo one and see what you think. It will be at lest a year before a slim will be talked about. Sony did a good job and got alot right.
The 3ds did ok. Launch games and games todate is what killed the 3ds. Then the 2nd slide pad.

Also if a slim comes out. Id eta it 2 or more yrs. Your still be able to trade it in and add like $100 or less n get the new one.

masterchan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Currently, PSVita has a 4-core SGX543MP4+ GPU (133MT and 1000MP fill rate, DX9 and OGL 2.1 support) and a 4-core ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore CPU, the PSVita2 (working title) is believed to implement a 4-core G6400MP4+ GPU (380MT and 5000MP fill rate, DX11 and OGL4.2 support) and a 4-core ARM Cortex-A15 MPCore CPU, that's almost 5X the raw power of the current PSVita. I'd wait for that one to come and skip this entire generation of PSVita ....

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
^link or it didn't happen.

Sony wouldn't release that one for while anyway, they'll milk the hell out of the current specs (maybe a small bumpage in later iterations but very very minor) while working that dat newer model and announce it a few years later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup