Hacking WadMii for mono

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WadMii is part of the collection of tools by leathl ( http://code.google.com/p/showmiiwads/ ). Since it never hurts to have more toys, I made some small changes to get WadMii to run in linux under the mono framework. This is the source and binary based off the r24 from the repository. http://www.mediafire.com/?dmmmtuktmqw

just type the path of the exe in a terminal
terminalp.png

and it should open
wadmii.png

since im a nosey bastard, i have added a bit to make it display the tik and tmd as it would appear in a hex editor when unpacking a wad.
tiktmd.png

-NOTES-
The only parts of the code I changed are the stuff about the paths to files, some resource names because linux is case sensitive, and removed a reference in the project. All the algorithms are still as they were in leathl's code. So I dont believe I created any bugs. Also, the added the hex dump stuff came from bushing's old code. I just made it into C#.

This has been tested packing and unpacking wads and creating the common-key.bin in ubuntu and kubuntu and everything seems to be working.

This may run on a Mac as well with mono set up. It never hurts to try.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't use linux myself, but wanted to post and say great stuff giantpune, I love peeps adding new features to things, or adding to them in any way.

Someone with a mac needs to test and post that it works.

MertenNor

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Norway
Good Job..

Since the mono framework also is for mac I installed it and gave this a test.. and I figured out that it only worked wen I had terminal in "pro" mode.. (preferences... > New window with settings: Pro)

screenshot20100310at111.png

woot
tongue.gif

MertenNor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 🦌🐑 🦛🐦 (🐑🐑)