Hacking (vWii) - Tri-Core Linux

EarthBound 2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Everything works fine with Wii mode Homebrew channel.I wonder mother 1+2+3 of Marcel oliveira don't need necessary only Wii classic controller.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything works fine with Wii mode Homebrew channel.I wonder mother 1+2+3 of Marcel oliveira don't need necessary only Wii classic controller.
I'm sorry, but I'm having an awful time trying to understand you. I don't mean to be rude by saying that, its just that grammar rules between your native language and english are vastly different and sadly, I don't speak any languages other than english :-(. What is your native language? Perhaps someone would be kind enough to translate properly if you were to post in your language.

Again, I don't mean to sound rude here and I really need to learn some other languages ><

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What is your native language? Perhaps someone would be kind enough to translate properly if you were to post in your language.

Just read it twice and try using yer imagination to place punctuation etc.
I seen native English speakers talk way worse then Earthbound 2.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, sorry for the lack of updates on here. I've been very busy and a couple of days ago, I lost a good friend of mine from work. She passed away unexpectedly. I've been poking around on the forums somewhat to distract myself, but haven't touched any Trinux related stuff.

While I am deeply saddened by the passing of my friend and coworker, I need to keep myself somewhat busy for my own sanity. Therefore, tonight, I'm going to add some features to Trinux to prepare for our next beta. There are far too many features that were just blatantly left out from previous releases that are desperately needed.

To some, this may seem crazy, but hardware/development is what I breathe and this is a way of holding myself together right now. i'm an oddball, but its my way from "escaping" from the realities of life temporarily

EarthBound 2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
now we are talking about sonic the hedgehog 2 android 2013 taxman(retro engine)gdb server
Run gdb, run "target remote <host on which sonic2 runs>:<gdbserver port>".
This must be done on your computer.

- Now the sonic 2 app will be paused

- Run the "set solib-search-path MYLIBDIR" command in the gdb shell on your computer
MYLIBDIR is the directory where you put the library file you grabbed.
Use an absolute pathname here to be sure!
What host server sonic 2 does?how to run sgame.bin if this have file id error at dev-c++?please answer to my question?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, sorry for the lack of updates on here. I've been very busy and a couple of days ago, I lost a good friend of mine from work. She passed away unexpectedly. I've been poking around on the forums somewhat to distract myself, but haven't touched any Trinux related stuff.

While I am deeply saddened by the passing of my friend and coworker, I need to keep myself somewhat busy for my own sanity. Therefore, tonight, I'm going to add some features to Trinux to prepare for our next beta. There are far too many features that were just blatantly left out from previous releases that are desperately needed.

To some, this may seem crazy, but hardware/development is what I breathe and this is a way of holding myself together right now. i'm an oddball, but its my way from "escaping" from the realities of life temporarily

I'm...so sorry, man, that's never, ever an easy thing to deal with.... :cry: Take all the time you need, we're here for you.

2haloes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

You do what you want to do, like the_randomizer said,

Take all the time you need, we're here for you.

If you do ever need a big break, just leave a post and we'll understand

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone for your support! It means a lot :).

I'm doing okay considering....

I come here with a development/investment question. As many of you have already been able to see by the previous video I posted, that I was able to get FreeMAT (free open source alternative to MATlab) to run under trinux.

Now I just recently learned that MATlab can actually be used to build GUI's (i didn't think think this language was intended for such a use, but apparently it is!). Now the gears in my brain are turning. We could actually utilize this to develop OUR OWN homebrew to run under Trinux (theoretically, it should run on any machine that can run MATlab, but I digress). While this was technically possible before, I didn't realize we could actually make GUIs that the average joe can utilize :).

Here's my dilemma, FreeMAT doesn't support GUI development just yet unless you hard code it (which I simply do not know the language well enough yet to attempt such a feat). Now most dev's know that MATlab is super expensive for the full blown commercial version, but as an engineering student, I can get the full student suite for only $99. Sure its very limited compared to what the commercial suite has (obviously, you get what you pay for), but as long as it supports gui development (using GUIDE, which is the user friendly way to build guis for noobs to the language like myself ;) ) it would be more than enough to write some free homebrew apps and/or games.

My question is, has anyone else had experience with the student suite? Thoughts, comments? Do you think its worth the plunge? My lab partner (in my matlab class) just sprung and bought the student version ($50 version, just matlab alone) and he said its great, but I want to hear from others. IF I decide to get it, I will be getting the $99 version as it comes with the full (student) suite. Otherwise you have to pay for each individual addon which adds up quick.

And before anyone asks, I'm NOT seeking donations for this purchase ;)

EDIT: If I get the student suite, I will be running it on my pc for development purposes NOT my Wii U just for the record XD, but in theory if a GUI is developed on MATlab using GUIDE, it "should" still run okay on FreeMAT as GUIDE just writes the code for you (for the GUI, you need to write everything else of course ;) :P.

Oxybelis

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks everyone for your support! It means a lot :).

I'm doing okay considering....

I come here with a development/investment question. As many of you have already been able to see by the previous video I posted, that I was able to get FreeMAT (free open source alternative to MATlab) to run under trinux.

Now I just recently learned that MATlab can actually be used to build GUI's (i didn't think think this language was intended for such a use, but apparently it is!). Now the gears in my brain are turning. We could actually utilize this to develop OUR OWN homebrew to run under Trinux (theoretically, it should run on any machine that can run MATlab, but I digress). While this was technically possible before, I didn't realize we could actually make GUIs that the average joe can utilize :).

Here's my dilemma, FreeMAT doesn't support GUI development just yet unless you hard code it (which I simply do not know the language well enough yet to attempt such a feat). Now most dev's know that MATlab is super expensive for the full blown commercial version, but as an engineering student, I can get the full student suite for only $99. Sure its very limited compared to what the commercial suite has (obviously, you get what you pay for), but as long as it supports gui development (using GUIDE, which is the user friendly way to build guis for noobs to the language like myself ;) ) it would be more than enough to write some free homebrew apps and/or games.

My question is, has anyone else had experience with the student suite? Thoughts, comments? Do you think its worth the plunge? My lab partner (in my matlab class) just sprung and bought the student version ($50 version, just matlab alone) and he said its great, but I want to hear from others. IF I decide to get it, I will be getting the $99 version as it comes with the full (student) suite. Otherwise you have to pay for each individual addon which adds up quick.

And before anyone asks, I'm NOT seeking donations for this purchase ;)

EDIT: If I get the student suite, I will be running it on my pc for development purposes NOT my Wii U just for the record XD, but in theory if a GUI is developed on MATlab using GUIDE, it "should" still run okay on FreeMAT as GUIDE just writes the code for you (for the GUI, you need to write everything else of course ;) :P.
Does Wii lunix has GTK libraries? Just use tools like Glade for it. You can even make a GUI application with interpreted language like Python.

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
now we are talking about sonic the hedgehog 2 android 2013 taxman(retro engine)gdb server
Run gdb, run "target remote <host on which sonic2 runs>:<gdbserver port>".
This must be done on your computer.

- Now the sonic 2 app will be paused

- Run the "set solib-search-path MYLIBDIR" command in the gdb shell on your computer
MYLIBDIR is the directory where you put the library file you grabbed.
Use an absolute pathname here to be sure!
What host server sonic 2 does?how to run sgame.bin if this have file id error at dev-c++?please answer to my question?

I don't want your question here to go unanswered; does anyone have an idea for this problem?

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Wii lunix has GTK libraries? Just use tools like Glade for it. You can even make a GUI application with interpreted language like Python.

I honestly don't know the answer to that. Ninja_Carver or Maxternal would know more about that.

Side note: I'm currently setting up pmount for the next release of Trinux, when that release will be is unknown at this stage, but for those who don't already know, pmount will automatically mount any (compatible) usb mass storage devices and create icons for them.

That being said, usb mass storage device compatibility is still very low at the moment. That's yet another thing we need to fix.

I need to do some research into SMP on PowerPC processors and exactly how we could implement it on the espresso processor, because let's face it, trinux isn't very useful in its current state. Sure we may have come a long way, but we still got a LONG way to go. Once SMP is properly implemented, things should go a whole lot smoother as we will actually be utilizing all 3 cores of the espresso instead of just "activating" all three simultaneously. This should significantly increase the performance of trinux.

Once a full blown cafeOS kernel exploit is discovered, and we start porting this over to Wii U mode with access to everything, this thing is going to be a beast (linux doesn't need crazy hardware specs to bring about incredible performance). It honestly doesn't need much to run amazingly :). That's the beauty of linux :).

More cool stuff to come guys, keep on checking back for more updates!

EDIT: Apparently pmount is already preinstalled on the latest version of Trinux (1.4b) XD. Too bad I don't have any compatible usb mass storage devices :(. If anyone is able to try any usb mass storage devices they can throw at this version of Trinux, it would be much appreciated :). If people could start making a list of what devices work for them and which do not, that would be even better so we can work on fixing it. As for working devices, if you could upload a screenshot of the device being picked up by trinux, that would be amazing (so we know you're not just trolling :P).

Reactions: the_randomizer

2haloes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If people could start making a list of what devices work for them and which do not, that would be even better so we can work on fixing it. As for working devices, if you could upload a screenshot of the device being picked up by trinux, that would be amazing (so we know you're not just trolling :P).

So I've tested a Kington BT branded USB drive, a blue Sandisk cruser blade and 2 Vivomile (School reward stuff) Vivo branded USB drive amd non of them worked, if you want images of the drives, I can provide

mcchase

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Evening guys,

Last time I posted was on Maxternal's thread - I'm really happy to see that Trinux is still being developed by a few diligent hard working individuals. I still have absolutely no skills to add to the party, but just wanted to drop my head in and say thanks to everyone working on this - I'll be keeping an eye on this thread (while trying my best to not clog it up with useless posts - such as this one) and I'm very much looking forward to seeing the progress in the future!

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've tested a Kington BT branded USB drive, a blue Sandisk cruser blade and 2 Vivomile (School reward stuff) Vivo branded USB drive amd non of them worked, if you want images of the drives, I can provide

if its not too much trouble, pictures would be great! It would help other users identify the one's that are known not to work (right now) and it will help us improve the compatibility in future releases :). Thanks for trying those out for us!

EarthBound 2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So I only know how to put desert dazzle and edit stages from sonic game Android ports,but I Don't know(how to install Android x86 correctly)to unlock egg Gauntlet(I do every step on YouTube,but it's no use).

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I only know how to put desert dazzle and edit stages from sonic game Android ports,but I Don't know(how to install Android x86 correctly)to unlock egg Gauntlet(I do every step on YouTube,but it's no use).

I think you have the wrong thread mate

2haloes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here you go, the cruzer (that's what's on the drive and the one on the left) is the only "normally" obtainable flash drive, the BT/Kingston (Middle one) was a freebie from BT and the Vivo (Both 4GB and 8GB also the one on the right) was a free school reward thingy from last year

I wish that I could help more than just prod Trinux with a stick and see what happens but I don't really get the programming side of it (I'm in first year computing using Visual Basic .NET) so I'll help as much as my technical knowledge will allow me to (I'll probably change partition sizes again on the next release, not that hard to do for me :lol:)
lpqxrccx.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here