Hacking (vWii) - Tri-Core Linux

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for defending me, but I can understand where he's coming from. There have been pleenty of hacking related fundraising scams out there. Sure he may have been a little harsh, but none of you know me IRL. That being said, how do you know I'm not just another scammer who decided to build up a good reputation first?

I can see where he's coming from.

I will however, if I'm able to go on day two (sun), I will make plenty of videos and take lots of photos at the convention to prove I actually went to represent Team Trinux

No sweat man, I never once doubted you, and I hope that I'm clear when I say that ^_^ Ignore the haters :P

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I still don't know yet. Saturday is definitely a no go, I'm stuck working. Unfortunately, I don't know about sunday yet, because the new week starts on sunday and that schedule isn't out yet ><.

Oh I see. I hope your next shedule doesn't make Sunday a work day then :P

EarthBound 2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
OK.Guys I'll be waiting to your reaction.Something's wrong with ssbb?
VHtD5Ws.jpg

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OK.Guys I'll be waiting to your reaction.Something's wrong with ssbb?

why do you ask in 2 seperate threads? like I already said in the other one, you dont have a boot.elf on your sd cards root, so basically, you are executing an exploit to load... nothing... get a boot.elf, I guess you want the hackmii installer, so go to bootmii.org/download

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok.GoreTesk I need to format SD card to get hacked Wii mode?What if I haven't got any ms adress for bannerbomb?

bannerbomb doesnt work in vwii
http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/WiiMode <-- those work
your screenshot shows, that you loaded an exploit, but it also shows, that you don't have a boot.elf on your sd card's root... so just do the same exploit, that you did before, but get a working boot.elf to load, I would suggest hackmii installer from www.bootmii.org/download to install the homebrewcenter (HBC) and from there you can continue hacking your vwii, for example following this guide http://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-install-cios-on-vwii-backup-nand-and-keys.339890/

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMG_20141005_212022.jpgIMG_20141005_212033.jpgIMG_20141005_210746.jpgIMG_20141005_210800.jpg IMG_20141005_210746.jpgIMG_20141005_210800.jpg

Hey everyone, just had a chance to try out trinux on my new 16gb sd card and its working fine :). Everything is A okay. I'm also downloading/installing Freemat (Engineering tool and development environment/programming language), to see if I can get it running (as mentioned previously). I'm using the synaptic package manager to do this and due to this, the time its going to take to download/install is pretty excruciating due to the limited RAM and the low clock speed we're using..... This could take a while....

UPDATE: Installation complete, just rebooting the Wii U and back into Trinux as a lot of resources were taken up by the installation itself lol

UPDATE 2: I just finished making a video of FreeMAT running just fine under Trinux :). I'm uploading it to youtube right now :)

UPDATE 3: Youtube video added :). Script file coming soon.......

2haloes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all

So I have created an img file for Trinux that fills out 8GB of flash storage, it also includes some apps and a couple of wads needed/to help run Trinux, currently it is being hosted on my personal web server for now

Until I can upload the file to a proper site, you can find it at 2haloes.noip.me/trinux
I will attempt to compress it to .zip and .7z (There is a lot of empty space still, I just blew up the partition space)

UPDATE: Uploaded to 4shared, Trinux folder link: http://www.4shared.com/folder/tG4vOC3Y/Trinux.html

UPDATE 2: Now on Mediafire, folder link: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9kc7mjba6kzqe/Trinux

Any Trinux image files I make will be in all of the links in this post

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all

So I have created an img file for Trinux that fills out 8GB of flash storage, it also includes some apps and a couple of wads needed/to help run Trinux, currently it is being hosted on my personal web server for now

Until I can upload the file to a proper site, you can find it at 2haloes.noip.me/trinux
I will attempt to compress it to .zip and .7z (There is a lot of empty space still, I just blew up the partition space)

UPDATE: Uploaded to 4shared, Trinux folder link: http://www.4shared.com/folder/tG4vOC3Y/Trinux.html

Any Trinux image files I make will be in either of the links in this post
What happen to the d/l without registering am I missing something ?

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks! Also the original mediafire link that was floating around was taken down. Some idiot falsely reported it as copyright infringement or some other sort of TOS violation. Gotta love people

So we have so many ideas that are just kind of floating around in cyberspace :P about what later releases should include, so I figured it would make sense to create a master list of these things to add so nothing gets 'lost in the shuffle' so to speak....

To Do List For Later Releases Of Trinux:
SMP support for the powerPC processor (Espresso, actually utilizing all 3 cores simultaneously instead of just "seeing" all of them

Create a much larger swap file to enhance performance even further from the previous task ;)

Bundle Java runtime environment to increase software compatibility (my idea :P)

Create better drivers for USB mass storage devices to increase compatibility

Get all (compatible) USB mass storage devices to automount (simple enough, just need to install the package "usbmount," I honestly couldn't tell you why we haven't included this in previous releases by default :P.

Last but not least, aid in finding a full blown CafeOS kernel exploit! Trinux will never reach its full potential without this! Once this has been found we can work on porting Trinux over to Wii U mode :)

If anybody has anything to add to this, we would love to hear from you! Post back in this thread with your ideas! This IS a community project after all :).

Ninja_Carver if you could add this To Do list to the OP when you get a chance, that would be great!

UPDATE: I am off from work tomorrow! Which means I can go to the conference tomorrow! I just found out literally last minute, gotta love retail :P. As for donations, I'm actually all set. I managed to get some overtime last week so I can afford the trip no problem :). I have a lot of prepping to do XD

I'm working til 4PM (US EST) today but after that I gotta get my presentation stuff all set up for tomorrow :). Last minute to win it! haha

Reactions: VinsCool

EarthBound 2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have no idea how I can use taxman editor .java and how can I open libRetroEngineJNI.so on c4droid(strange signs are at sgamedata.bin).?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte