Hacking (vWii) - Tri-Core Linux

rednekcowboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trinux Beta 1.4 has been released as a torrent file :). Unfortunately, I can't provide the link here :(. I don't know what's going on with 4shared and fileom. I'm thinking something is up with my computer at this point. I posted the magnet link for this one on another forum. The mod over there should be adding it to the original release thread for our first beta shortly. Once that happens, you should be able to find it on google ;).

I will get it up on a file host ASAP so it can be linked to here as well.

Are you going to seed it? Not like a file site, you actually have to host the file and share it yourself with a torrent.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you going to seed it? Not like a file site, you actually have to host the file and share it yourself with a torrent.

I know that :P. I'm not a noob at this :P. Its just i f***** up that last torrent upload big time. I forgot that my client wasn't set to seed, and to make matters worse I accidentally deleted all the torrent info for it XD. Anyways theres a new magnet link up on the other forum :)

rednekcowboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know that :P. I'm not a noob at this :P. Its just i f***** up that last torrent upload big time. I forgot that my client wasn't set to seed, and to make matters worse I accidentally deleted all the torrent info for it XD. Anyways theres a new magnet link up on the other forum :)

I never called you a n00b nor did I mean to imply that, was just making sure you knew as not all do.

FYI, I let my pc running all night last night and still have not been able to download this, even with the new magnet link. Stuck at 14.8% with 0 seeders and 7 other people waiting to download.

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never called you a n00b nor did I mean to imply that, was just making sure you knew as not all do.

FYI, I let my pc running all night last night and still have not been able to download this, even with the new magnet link. Stuck at 14.8% with 0 seeders and 7 other people waiting to download.

Ya I shut down my laptop overnight as I keep it in my room and it will keep me up all night if I leave it on. Even if the screen turns black, the fans are super loud (its an Hp dv7, insert overheating joke here) and some the lights will flash of course. Sorry about that. I'm the only one with a complete copy of this file atm. Right now, my laptop is back up and seeding again, so it should pick up for you.

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I install cIOS254 with WiiMod?
Does the SD card needs to be empty?

I'm unfamiliar with that program so I have no idea if its safe to use with the vWii. I used Yet Another Wad Manager Mod (YAWMM) for the vWii to install it myself. I wouldn't advise using Wiimod unless you're absolutely certain its vWii compatible and safe. Otherwise you could potentially brick/semi-brick your vWii.

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing revelation! I was having trouble on the previous beta version downloading any sort of files in firefox (under trinux of course), everytime I tried to download anything, it would slow to a crawl then halt completely. I can safely say that the issue has been resolved in this latest release :). So what I did to test was I went to www.pdroms.de (MODS DON'T PANIC, its an index for public domain and homebrew roms only, no commercial roms within). I was able to download a homebrew nes rom directly from trinux onto my sd card then launch it with fceux, VICTORY!

This being said, web pages are running a bit slow still (but downloads seem fine from what I can tell). Its reminiscent of dial up (as far as loading pages goes) XD, I think its a memory issue or something. Anyways, I chose pdroms because I know the layout for that site is super basic and it wouldn't be too excruciating to load up under trinux and I also know that all the roms they link to are completely legal and fair game XD.

Despite the fact that we can now download roms under trinux directly to our sd card and launch them, end users are URGED to respect copyright laws. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DOWNLOAD COMMERCIAL ROMS! If you're going to download any roms stick to the free public domain and homebrew ones out there. For commercial games, dump your own cartridges (if the law allows you to in your country). YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. Use responsibly!

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
WiiMOD is vWii safe, at least the last version is compatible with Wii/vWii.
When I transfer the image to my SD card, it will erease (format) my previous data?

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Tried it with a Logitech wireless keyboard, Trinux recognize it randomly, and only a Genius mouse is recognized, will tried future releases when I have a extra 8gb SD, the thing crop my SD to 250ish free gb
-____-

By the way direct download trinux1.4b

rumblpak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently working on making a 2GB image. (Also and for the future, never, ever, use windows 8K sector size). I'm having to recreate the fat16 partition which albeit not difficult, is tedious none the less. I'm testing the image now, will upload later but I probably won't post an update with it until after the football game tonight.

[Update 1] Image boots but I will need someone to do more thorough testing because I don't have a keyboard/mouse that works with it yet. Will update with link to image later.

[Update 2] File is located here: http://www.4shared.com/archive/WDU0j9Ghba/trinux-14tar.html
I have tested with a 4GB SD card, if someone with a 2GB SD card would be kind enough to test it and tell me if the image works, that would be awesome. If it does not, I will update it later tonight with a smaller image. Also, I reduced the footprint of the download so it's a bit friendlier to those with slower connections ;)

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iceweasel consumes far less memory than mozilla. i'd give that a shot.

Got iceweasel up and running, its a lot quicker and smoother than firefox alone was.

Also side note: dhclient and the swap space activation seem to only happen intermittenly. Like everyother time I start up trinux, kind of strange. We'll have to look into this.

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently working on making a 2GB image. (Also and for the future, never, ever, use windows 8K sector size). I'm having to recreate the fat16 partition which albeit not difficult, is tedious none the less. I'm testing the image now, will upload later but I probably won't post an update with it until after the football game tonight.

[Update 1] Image boots but I will need someone to do more thorough testing because I don't have a keyboard/mouse that works with it yet. Will update with link to image later.

[Update 2] File is located here: http://www.4shared.com/archive/WDU0j9Ghba/trinux-14tar.html
I have tested with a 4GB SD card, if someone with a 2GB SD card would be kind enough to test it and tell me if the image works, that would be awesome. If it does not, I will update it later tonight with a smaller image. Also, I reduced the footprint of the download so it's a bit friendlier to those with slower connections ;)

I would test this, but I lost my 2gb card forever ago :(

Thanks for all your hardwork rumblpak

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I tested it on a 2GB SD card and I got this write error with Win32 Disk Imager: 'Not enough space on disk: size: 3872768 sectors Sector size: 512'

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh