Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the tutorial
http://gbatemp.net/threads/full-vwii-softmod.339899/

I used smash bro as the exploit.

I got the exploit run, HBC installed. Backed up the nand and keys. I put my ssd hdd in a usb hdd case, ntfs formatted. Wii/wiiu see the drive. d2x cios installed with d2x-v10-beta52-vWii.

""

6) Install d2x cIOS on different bases/slots
Start HBC and launch d2x cIOS Installer Mod v2.2 -> press a wiimote key ->
- at "Select cIOS" press right and select "d2x-v10-beta52-vWii" or "d2xv10-beta53-alt-vWii"
- at "Select cIOS base" select "56"
- at "Select cIOS slot" select "249"
press A to install -> cIOS 249 installed.

Repeat the above procedure for IOS57:
- at "Select cIOS" press right and select "d2x-v10-beta52-vWii" or "d2xv10-beta53-alt-vWii"
- at "Select cIOS base" select "57"
- at "Select cIOS slot" select "250"
press A to install -> cIOS 250 installed.

Repeat the above procedure for IOS58:
- at "Select cIOS base" select "58"
- at "Select cIOS slot" select "251"
press A to install -> cIOS 251 installed. ""

I load up CFG, I pick my hdd, partition. I see my DK: Returns on it. I click start. It freezes, flickers then goes back to the HBC.

I'm not sure what to do, or how to change cIOS on the specific game. My guess is I need a different cIOS for DKR?

northp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my bad I think the quote went too far... my touch pad on this freakign laptop is messed up.

northp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I loaded usbloader gx 3 ios249, saw the DK game and gave me this error. I can try formatting the drive I guess...

yhateran.jpg

northp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
formatted to fresh ntfs, used wii backup manager to transfer iso to wbfs over to the hdd. Still throws that error above

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe dumb question, but which USB port are you plugging into? Make sure it's the top USB port on the back of the system.

Also, how big is the drive you're using? Have you tried FAT32 instead of NTFS?

northp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
64gb ssd. It is a y cable, thick part (data) is on top usb port, thin on the bottom port. I have not yet tried fat32.

northp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Fat32, do I need to use the backup manager, to break the files iso's down to smaller than 4gb?

northp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh well backup manager made the DK ISO into a > 1gb file. So no worries on 4gb size.

EDIT: Still errored immediately.

tbgtbg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to be clear, have you tried loading any other games from USB?

Is your drive a USB2.0 drive or a USB3.0 drive? I've heard that 3.0 can cause problems, and you should use a cable only intended for 2.0 as a workaround.

I hope you eventually can get this working, I know how frustrating stuff not working like this can be.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, it looks like a cIOS error to me (or a missing cIOS).
Sometime, the installer fails to install it correctly.

Once, I even had an issue where it reset/deleted the Wiimote synch information from the Wii settings when reloading a cIOS. After reinstalling the cIOS, the issue was fixed.

Follow step 6 again to reinstall d2x (all 3 slots, even if only slot249 might be concerned).
I suppose you didn't try to set Slot250 in the USBLoader's game setting.

northp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hahah I haven't had this much issue with a mod on a console ever. Maybe one finicky xb1 w/ softmod.

So well when I did the first exploit I had to redo it again, and then it worked. I was almost thinking what you guys just said, reinstalling cios.

I'll verify the hdd carrier. I have a vpin and used the hdd from that. So I'll need to order a wii specific external for it.

I'll post a pic of my cIOS installed, and redo them, but I did have a question. in CFG I couldn't find a way to change what slot cios the game used. I have usbloader gx on now as well. Is there a way to change? I think some where I read DK, needs a "newer/different" than default.

I've been trying to read up on the cIOS w/ the 3 slots. It makes sorta sense, but does the loader know of all 3 slots loaded up and can choose the one it needs to be compatible?

Thanks for the posts!

tbgtbg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In cfg you can change the ios to load with. You just go into the game settings (press 1 when on the game you want) and it's in there among the options.

The loader has a default ios it uses, usually 249 (though you can change which one is the default). The others are there if you need to change to them to get certain games working right. I don't believe it does that on its own, but I'm not 100% sure as I've only had to change ios on a few games like Metroid Trilogy.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think wiiflow detects the available IOS bases, and load the one he think should be best.
There's an option to disable the Auto detection and set the IOS manually.

In USBLoaderGX, there are only manual IOS selection.
By default, it's using slot 249, you can change it globally or per game.

Both Wiiflow and USBGX are using IOS58 to load the HDD and settings at launch.
You can force USBGX to use IOS249 even at launch by editing the meta.xml (remove the 2 commented lines).

I'll probably set back slot249 by default, and let user use 58/AHB as an option or if no cIOS are detected.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Drugs.