MigueelDnd

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm on the latest WiiU fw version. I tried both Configurable USB loader and USB Loader GX, and both of them give me errors like when you used to connect the HDD in the wrong port back in the Wii times.
Here's what I did: I installed the Homebrew Channel, tried to install cIOS 236 but for some reason it didn't want to, so I just installed the d2x cIOS and downloaded both managers.

Is there anything obvious I'm missing? I've tried all USB ports now, and I tried with my HDD on a hacked Wii and it worked.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you on FW 4.x or higher? Nintendo did something to the USB ports that made external portable HDDs (that use USB port power) no longer work unless you use a Y cable (or switch to a powered external (desktop) HDD).

MigueelDnd

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Are you on FW 4.x or higher? Nintendo did something to the USB ports that made external portable HDDs (that use USB port power) no longer work unless you use a Y cable (or switch to a powered external (desktop) HDD).

Yup, if we're talking WiiU fw, I'm on version 5...
Then I'm SOL?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless/until you buy a Y-cable so the power of 2 USB ports can power the drive, yes. They're probably not that expensive, you can probably find a decent one for under 10 bucks, it's just you'd have to wait for it to get there :P

Mackman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a little problem to.I have a 2 terabyte hard drive and got it to work in vWii mode with USB Loader GX by changing to ISO 251,but every time I load the app it tries to load ISO 250 and the hard drive doesn't get recognize until it starts to count down and when I push B button to cancel it loads the games.How to fix so it will load right.

Second problem is with Wii Flow.I can't get it to recognize the hard drive at all.What it does is after it loads it brings up a screen to select partition or enable or disable enand or something like that.How to fix?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: