Hacking Vwii homebrew help

negevasaf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I have PAL Wii U and I decided I want to the Vwii.
1. Do I must own a Wii game? (SSBB or Lego star wars...)
2. Can I use WB passport External hard drive with wiiflow with Fat32 format and keep PC files on it?
3. What power Cable do I need to buy for WD passport External hard drive USB 3.0? (I read that I need to buy some power splitted cable with two usb's)
4. What is the cheapest SSD that I can buy? ( I have 4gb and 16gn SSD's but not 2gb).
5. Is there any gamecube emulator for Vwii? if there is, can I play with Wii u pro controller?

Thank you.

teogeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Yes, you must own one of these games (pal version since you have a pal wii u): http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/WiiMode (second column for game names)
2 & 3. Yes, you can but most likely you will need a Y-cable to power for your disk. You will need a cable like this: http://www.amazon.com/Oyen-Digital-Y-Cable-Micro-B-Standard/dp/B0052OJ97O/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top Not sure if the brand is the best you can find. But this is the type of pins you need for your WD passport.
3. Sorry, but I don't have time to answer that. Depending on where you live, search in Amazon, Ebay, Google shopping or other online shop aggregators you might have in your country to find something that suits your needs and budget.
4. Yes there is, it's called Nintendont: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/ It's not an emulator but rather an interpreter but that's just a technical difference. Yes, you can use a wii u pro controller as long as it is original. My third party pro controller doesn't work for example.

negevasaf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
1. Yes, you must own one of these games (pal version since you have a pal wii u): http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/WiiMode (second column for game names)
2 & 3. Yes, you can but most likely you will need a Y-cable to power for your disk. You will need a cable like this: http://www.amazon.com/Oyen-Digital-Y-Cable-Micro-B-Standard/dp/B0052OJ97O/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top Not sure if the brand is the best you can find. But this is the type of pins you need for your WD passport.
3. Sorry, but I don't have time to answer that. Depending on where you live, search in Amazon, Ebay, Google shopping or other online shop aggregators you might have in your country to find something that suits your needs and budget.
4. Yes there is, it's called Nintendont: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/ It's not an emulator but rather an interpreter but that's just a technical difference. Yes, you can use a wii u pro controller as long as it is original. My third party pro controller doesn't work for example.
Thank you, but can I use fat32 format?
or any 1gb sd card? (no sdhc)

negevasaf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
You HAVE to use fat32, and any non-SDHC card will do for the install (so less than or equal to 2GB)

In wiiflow or USB loadergx, Can I use Fat32 format external hard drive? (so I won't have to delete everything...)
and 512mb sd will be ok? (I found one in my house) because I read somewhere that I must use 1-2gb SD card.
Thank you.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In wiiflow or USB loadergx, Can I use Fat32 format external hard drive? (so I won't have to delete everything...)
and 512mb sd will be ok? (I found one in my house) because I read somewhere that I must use 1-2gb SD card.
Thank you.
Yes to the first, and... well, I honestly don't know for certain to the second. As far as I'm aware it should be fine

negevasaf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
You can, but there's no real reason to. I would actually advise against it, since FAT32 is worlds more stable than NTFS (NTFS likes to fragment a lot)

How do I install wiiflow on channel and on 16:9? (it's only let me do it through homebrow channel and on 3:4).
And if my HDD is already on NTFC, and I have a lot of files in there, Does it really matter?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't really matter for now, but you will probably be happier with FAT32. Regardless, WiiFlow works with NTFS, so your fine

Unless you're really set on using a channel, launch the app I'm attatching from the homebrew channel every time you launch it to fix the aspect ratio. If you want to use a forwarder channel still, I'll hunt the correct one down for you

Attachments

• aspect_fix.zip
    48.1 KB · Views: 95

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot...