Hacking vWii Help

mrjezbud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this has already been posted. But i could not find anything about it.

I am on wii 5.5.0 and am wondering if i need to update to use vWii. I read that it will not start unless i update the wii u firmware.
I am also using tubehax DNS.

Thanks.

Also which exploit would you recommend to mod vWii?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has already been posted. But i could not find anything about it.

I am on wii 5.5.0 and am wondering if i need to update to use vWii. I read that it will not start unless i update the wii u firmware.
I am also using tubehax DNS.

Thanks.

Also which exploit would you recommend to mod vWii?
No, you don't have to update to run vwii. That's false

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure? I read it on WiiUBrew. http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/WiiMode
Its at the top.

Also with the exploit games, do i get a HBC? or do i need to boot the game everytime to load homebrew?
No, I have 5.4u and I play vwii all the time. You only need to use the savegame exploit long enough install HBC. After that you don't need it.

mrjezbud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No, I have 5.4u and I play vwii all the time. You only need to use the savegame exploit long enough install HBC. After that you don't need it.
Sorry to be a pain.
Would a card like this be ok to exploit? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUI...128931?hash=item41a7aedc23:g:1ZoAAOSwezVW1I-M

I read my SDHC 4gb would not work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry to be a pain.
Would a card like this be ok to exploit? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUI...128931?hash=item41a7aedc23:g:1ZoAAOSwezVW1I-M

I read my SDHC 4gb would not work.
Also is there a way to save progress for gamecube games?

wiimanofthenorth

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for that.

Im not new to wii HBC. Its just i have never done it on a wii u. I could use my GC memory card on old wii xD

Just watch out for installing the correct stuff. Not everything that works on the Wii will work on vWii. Always check to see if their is a vWii version.

GR-DRACULA

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Last edited by GR-DRACULA,

wiimanofthenorth

Trophies
XP
Country
He needs a up to 2gb SD card and not SDHC because the exploitable games do not support anything else. But then after the install you can use the 4gb SDHC card as main sd for ur vWii homebrew.

Hence why I said the 2GB SD card he linked to from ebay was fine. He's already read that the 4GB won't work to mod Wii/vWii. Also, make your mind up, on who you're talking too. One minute you're talking to me, the next you're talking to him, without stating you are!...? You're only stating what's already been understood anyways! Are you trying to knock your post count up a little?

GR-DRACULA

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hence why I said the 2GB SD card he linked to from ebay was fine. He's already read that the 4GB won't work to mod Wii/vWii. Also, make your mind up, on who you're talking too. One minute you're talking to me, the next you're talking to him, without stating you are!...? You're only stating what's already been understood anyways! Are you trying to knock your post count up a little?
Hmm.... I just wanted to define for him which sd u meant I didn't want to insult you or something calm down wtf. o.O

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay