Hacking vWii HDMI color issue

bobmcjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There didn't seem to be a general Wii U support section, and it's somewhat homebrew related.
I finally hooked up my Wii U to my TV and noticed a strange red or yellowish-green border that appears appears at the edges of contrasting colors, similar to red/blue 3D, but only in vWii mode. It's noticeable in certain games/situations, Super Mario Sunshine through Nintendont being the most obvious. Both the Wii and the Wii U were set to 480p in the following screenshots:

vWii+HDMI (no I didn't jiggle the camera at all):
jsaMh6X.jpg
vWii+Gamepad:
YKtsZnR.jpg
Real Wii+Component:
kYYqmJ7.jpg
The Nintendo logo when booting SMS also has this issue with a yellow border at the edge of every letter on vWii+HDMI.

It's not just Nintendont, the colors in the Wii Menu look a bit off as well. I've also seen it at the edges of contrasting colors on certain banners in USBLoader GX like Bully Scholarship Edition's.

I haven't tried component on my Wii U yet, but I don't think that'd make a difference. Any ideas?

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
That's not an issue, that's because the Wii U, unlike Dolphin Emulator, makes Wii graphics sharper not HD
This will disappear if you choose 480P in TV settings in WiiU mode

bobmcjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of those screenshots were taken in 480p mode. Also happens with component cables. I also found that either my TV, the third party component cables, or the Wii U itself cannot handle 1080p. I think I'll blame my TV for that though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey