Hacking vWii hack after WiiU basic to WiiU premium transfert?

Stremon

OP
Trophies
Website
jbbongrand.blogspot.fr
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I am planning to buy a new WiiU premium pack, and sell my old WiiU basic pack after transferring all my WiiU data to the new one. Of course I know that the vWii hack & homebrews will not be transfered, that's obvious. But as you might know, according to Nintendo FAQ, the WiiU do a factory reset after you transfered everything to the new one.

Then I was wondering, will the vWii hack stay on it even after the factory reset? I am planning to sell it to the shop where I buy all my stuff, I wouldn't want them to realized that the vWii has been hacked.

If the hack stays, what's the fastest/safest way to remove all custom cIOS and channels?
I think it should be better if I restore a clean vWii mode before doing the transfert anyway.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Factory reset just deletes system settings/channels that didn't come with the system/anything like that, it doesn't touch the core OS/IOS/IOSU at all. Whatever system version/modifications you have on there will stay. As for CIOSes, I have no idea what/how. Channels should also be reset to the ones that come on vanilla when you factory reset it.

D

Deleted User

Hi! Things like The Homebrew Channel will be removed, but any cIOS that you installed will remain. You will have to manually uninstall them. So if youre just selling it to Gamestop or something, they probably wont know :P

Stremon

OP
Trophies
Website
jbbongrand.blogspot.fr
XP
Country
France
Ah, thanks for the answers ;)
I actually wonder if I will not just leave the cIOS, to prevent any risk of bricking.
I doubt that anyone in the shop even knows what a cIOS is anyway :rolleyes:

Just in case, can I remove the Homebrew Channel safely from the vWii channel manager, or do I have to use a WAD manager? (not sure that I have the wad for wiiU HBC)

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, thanks for the answers ;)
I actually wonder if I will not just leave the cIOS, to prevent any risk of bricking.
I doubt that anyone in the shop even knows what a cIOS is anyway :rolleyes:

Just in case, can I remove the Homebrew Channel safely from the vWii channel manager, or do I have to use a WAD manager? (not sure that I have the wad for wiiU HBC)

It's not nice to sell it to them like that. They won't be able to tell the next owner about this. What if the next owner cares? Doesn't the homebrew channel not reinstall if removed? Just sell the system on whatever your countries version of eBay or Craigslist is. They will give you a higher price, and you can leave the home-brew channel on it for them.

Stremon

OP
Trophies
Website
jbbongrand.blogspot.fr
XP
Country
France
It's not nice to sell it to them like that. They won't be able to tell the next owner about this. What if the next owner cares? Doesn't the homebrew channel not reinstall if removed? Just sell the system on whatever your countries version of eBay or Craigslist is. They will give you a higher price, and you can leave the home-brew channel on it for them.
Yes you are right, it is not really nice to sell it like that, but I can't find any information to remove the cIOS safely without risking to brick the vWii mode, which would be far worse... And I don't really see how the cIOS could cause any problem, especially if the new owner want to hack it. You can't even actually see that there are cIOS without hacking the vWii, am I wrong? ;)
I am in japan, the country where hacking is really rare, and where people are so afraid of it that if you mention it to your friends they might even call the police, pretending that it is for your own good... Are you seriously suggesting me to sell that on eBay or craigslist? Even in my home country I can't do that without problems. :rolleyes:

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you are right, it is not really nice to sell it like that, but I can't find any information to remove the cIOS safely without risking to brick the vWii mode, which would be far worse... And I don't really see how the cIOS could cause any problem, especially if the new owner want to hack it. You can't even actually see that there are cIOS without hacking the vWii, am I wrong? ;)
I am in japan, the country where hacking is really rare, and where people are so afraid of it that if you mention it to your friends they might even call the police, pretending that it is for your own good... Are you seriously suggesting me to sell that on eBay or craigslist? Even in my home country I can't do that without problems. :rolleyes:

Well, you only want to sell it one time. You can't really be caught. Don't advertise it as modded. Don't mention piracy. no loaders.just say homebrew friendly.

Or better, don't bother with Japan. Sell it on the internet overseas. Be anonymous. Use bitcoin or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm