Homebrew vwii failed installing IOS236

how do i install IOS236 on the vwii on the wii u?

• you must fix the IOS236 problem...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • you must do that...

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

roland3564

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i installed hackmii on the wii version on the wii u, i installed homebrew and then i tried installing IOS236 but it says failed installing IOS236 on the homebrew channel, i tried and tried but nothing happends, what should i do?

wii u version: 5.5.2

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you tried installing the vWii version, right ?
don't mess and try installing or following Wii guides to hack vWii (they need different system files!).

If you can't do it, it means ... you are doing something wrong and following a wrong guide, or using wrong files, please stop what you are doing, something is bad.

But like said totalInsanity, you don't need IOS236 at all.
if the guide you are following (please, not wiiu.guide!!!) is telling you to do it, it's only useful to fix a semi bricked vWii (in case you install the Wii version of a system file), and it's not even needed anymore (WiiU can fix semibricked vWii now !)

Just skip that step, don't install IOS236, 100% not needed anymore since last month, so I'm sure even updated guide are not taking that in account yet :)
Be sure you follow an up to date guide. (not wiiu.guide)

Last edited by Cyan,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why are you recommending the guide that 99% of people on this site tells others never use??

That guide is awful and full of mistakes and procedures that are not needed or they have missed out vital procedures and so much more wrong with it.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
even more when I said twice not to follow that guide, and he liked my post right before suggesting it nevertheless.
Not sure if it was a joke or not...

Let's hope Roland will have the good sense to see it's probably a joke (after what I told him) and not follow it.

Reactions: AmandaRose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat