Hacking VWii error.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, he can install 236, it's an additional safety in case his cIOS are wrong or not working.

note: if your HDD is connected, try to unplug it.
it could also be the hdd which cause the crash.

Omegalolz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, he can install 236, it's an additional safety in case his cIOS are wrong or not working.

note: if your HDD is connected, try to unplug it.
it could also be the hdd which cause the crash.
So I switched to a Kingston 4gb sd card and made sure that nothing was plugged into any of the Wiiu's usb ports and the same thing happens. Can't install new cios, crashes if I idle on the HBC for too long, and crashes if I try to load into USB loader gx

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I switched to a Kingston 4gb sd card and made sure that nothing was plugged into any of the Wiiu's usb ports and the same thing happens. Can't install new cios, crashes if I idle on the HBC for too long, and crashes if I try to load into USB loader gx
I wouldn't use a 4gb sd card, use a 2gb max formatted to fat 32.
Did you try what cyan said and disconnect hdd?
Can you use an alt sd card 2gb max like cyan suggested.
Basically your ios are fine. Are you using the most recent hbc. Are you using the most recent installers. Have you got any hardware at all that could be causing an issue? It can only be an issue with either:-
1) your hbc is outdated.
2) your using an out of date wad manager that needs ios236.
3) you've installed a channel/forwarder for usb loader/something else for wii/outdated
4) your external hardware is causing an issue.
It cannot be an issue with your wiiU:-
1) your vwii ios are all original.
2) your cios are correct and up to date in the correct slots with the correct base.

I don't think I can help you past these issues unless you can tell me exactly, step by step what you did to get to this point. Your ios are all correct for vwii...

Cyan could he re-smashstack and hackmii from scratch, overwriting hbc and reinstall d2xcios just in case something somewhere was corrupted...do not do this OP this is just speculation.

Omegalolz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't use a 4gb sd card, use a 2gb max formatted to fat 32.
Did you try what cyan said and disconnect hdd?
Can you use an alt sd card 2gb max like cyan suggested.
Basically your ios are fine. Are you using the most recent hbc. Are you using the most recent installers. Have you got any hardware at all that could be causing an issue? It can only be an issue with either:-
1) your hbc is outdated.
2) your using an out of date wad manager that needs ios236.
3) you've installed a channel/forwarder for usb loader/something else for wii/outdated
4) your external hardware is causing an issue.
It cannot be an issue with your wiiU:-
1) your vwii ios are all original.
2) your cios are correct and up to date in the correct slots with the correct base.

I don't think I can help you past these issues unless you can tell me exactly, step by step what you did to get to this point. Your ios are all correct for vwii...
I did install a forwarder channel for usloader gx and I was told yo delete it like any other channel. So I did. I also made sure the HDD was unplugged

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, I still get the error
Sorry then, I give up.
The only thing it can be then is either
A) your homebrew channel, try updating it.
B) your SD card, it does happen, only use a fat32/fat16 2gb card. OR
C) a corrupted file in hackmii installer, you can try installing from smashstack again (I do not know that this either works or will not brick your wii)
Without knowing exactly what you did in the first place I'm out of options, it cannot be any cios as you would be able to install ios236, it must be hackmii/hbc/hardware....
Unless I'm missing something someone else can see...

Omegalolz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry then, I give up.
The only thing it can be then is either
A) your homebrew channel, try updating it.
B) your SD card, it does happen, only use a fat32/fat16 2gb card. OR
C) a corrupted file in hackmii installer, you can try installing from smashstack again (I do not know that this either works or will not brick your wii)
Without knowing exactly what you did in the first place I'm out of options, it cannot be any cios as you would be able to install ios236, it must be hackmii/hbc/hardware....
Unless I'm missing something someone else can see...
How do I update the HBC? Also, am I supposed to use a different installer for the HBC for the vwii? Cause that may be it.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How do I update the HBC? Also, am I supposed to use a different installer for the HBC for the vwii? Cause that may be it.
No it's the most recent hbc.
Even so at some point you have installed d2x cios v53.
You installed these in slots 249/250/251.
You didn't have a dsi exception at that point otherwise you would have no cios.
Something you have done/changed after installing d2x is causing your error because now you cannot install cios anymore.
What did you do to softmod your system exactly step by step to this point.
This is the very last time I'm asking this.

Omegalolz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it's the most recent hbc.
Even so at some point you have installed d2x cios v53.
You installed these in slots 249/250/251.
You didn't have a dsi exception at that point otherwise you would have no cios.
Something you have done/changed after installing d2x is causing your error because now you cannot install cios anymore.
What did you do to softmod your system exactly step by step to this point.
This is the very last time I'm asking this.
I used this guide: http://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-install-cios-on-vwii-backup-nand-and-keys.339890/
I've had the HBC installed on this WiiU for months now so I can't remember how I installed that, other than using the smash bros exploit. I remember one thing in particular. After I installed the cios, I went and installed all of my wii games, updated usb loader gx in the app, and swapped all the files over to my 1 gig sd card.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I used this guide: http://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-install-cios-on-vwii-backup-nand-and-keys.339890/
I've had the HBC installed on this WiiU for months now so I can't remember how I installed that, other than using the smash bros exploit. I remember one thing in particular. After I installed the cios, I went and installed all of my wii games, updated usb loader gx in the app, and swapped all the files over to my 1 gig sd card.
It can only be your SD card as you can't install ios236 from sd with no hdd plugged in. Your cios etc are all fine.
Buy a 2gb SDcard (they are very cheap) and try that.

Omegalolz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can only be your SD card as you can't install ios236 from sd with no hdd plugged in. Your cios etc are all fine.
Buy a 2gb SDcard (they are very cheap) and try that.
What bothers me is that I've tried 3 different SD cards. One Kodak 1 gig, a 500meg sandisk CD card, and a 32 gig sandisk card. The sandisk cards were both micro SD cards. The Kodak one was a regular one.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why someone told you to delete the forwarder channel?
And for you, what is the "like any other channel" method?
He was using a wii forwarder for usb loader, I pointed him to the vwii forwarders on gbatemp. His dsi exception error occurred before this though I don't think it's related.
What bothers me is that I've tried 3 different SD cards. One Kodak 1 gig, a 500meg sandisk CD card, and a 32 gig sandisk card. The sandisk cards were both micro SD cards. The Kodak one was a regular one.
Personally I would only use a standard SD formatted to fat32 and 2gb or under, I have heard of formatting to fat16 though I've never had to try it, in your case it could be worth a shot.
Seeing as your receiving an error on hbc and the only external hardware you have plugged in is an SD card, hbc is launching from sd as is usb loader and ios236 installer and all of these give the same error, only usb loader uses your d2x-cios not the others it can only be your SD card.
Unless as I said something went wrong with your hackmii installation right at the beginning.
I don't know if re smashstack hackmii install will overwrite your previous or what will happen if you do this, if someone sais that it won't do any harm I would try this but like I said I do not know the outcomes, I personally would format my SDcard to fat32 re-download all my homebrew and installers making sure they are the latest and most recommended and start right from scratch.
That however is just what I would do and I'm not telling or recomending this to you so if you try that on your head be it...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.