Vivaldi browser (tech preview) released

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sticking with chrome. It is my favorite browser although Firefox is close to it.

My sentiments exactly. I even have firefox on my computer as well, it doesn't really get used, but I have some friends that prefer it so when they need the computer it is there for them, got nothing against it, just prefer Chrome.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"More" from my browser, you say?

It's an internet browser, not a PC. Give me security, privacy and performance and I'm happy. If I want more functions, I'm downloading an add-on. I don't need my internet browser to be "stylish" with buttons that disappear, or benchmarks showing that Chrome users have a bigger penis because the loading times are 0.1ms lower than Firefox users, I need nothing like that. Chrome has the dreadful Hamburger button that hides buttons I use regularly, Firefox has the same issues AND they made choices throughout the decade that I have not liked (like the huge shitstorm after dropping the Status bar). I like IE, but not allowing any add-on makes it useless for me, since I'm a heavy user of stuff like Stylish and Gmail Notifier. As for Opera, last time I've used it was back when it was shareware and I had the demo (it was cool, but hey, back then I had IE5 and Netscape as secondary choices). Palemoon is the closest thing that satisfies my needs right now: it fixes what many people have against Firefox and keeps everything else.

Out of all the stupid ____ war, I believe the Browser war is the most retarded thing to do in 2015. A decade ago? Hell yes I am in first line. But now? All three major Browser are pretty much the same, in terms of performance: Firefox doesn't occupy your RAM like an angry conqueror, IE isn't a joke anymore and Chrome became popular when the former two were getting their shit together. The fact that no one uses Opera is MOSTLY because they don't shove their browser up our throats like IE (included in every Windows), Firefox (partnerships) and Chrome ("Yes, I want to download the software I just downloaded AND Google Chrome"). If they decided to be as invasive as the Yahoo Toolbar from the past decade, I'm sure it would still be used.

Still, it doesn't change the fact that this "war" is retarded. There is nothing new, there is nothing to fight about, and when it's time to look at important stuff (security, privacy and performance) everyone just masturbate on their magnifier glass because it just got 0.1ms better than the others. Even now, this browser is offering QUICK COMMANDS HOLY SHIT! The only cool feature they seem to implement are the Tab Stacks, but I'm not going to switch because of this feature alone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning