Reactions: Deleted User

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wait, what? Henkaku will work on 3.67?
Not necessarily, while Henkaku nowadays is the best known way to run homebrew on Vita, it doesn't have to be the only one -- or the one to be ported to other firmwares

(if you have a devkit and the appropriate PC software, you can probably sign it yourself [for devkits], so it's not even "homebrew" for creative redefinitions of the word :) )

Reactions: ManuelKoegler

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't update quite yet; there's been no mention of Henkaku working on any firmware above 3.60, and indeed the official site still says it will not function on any higher firmwares.

Oh believe me, I’m not a hurry to update. I’m still waiting for 256gb micro SD’s to drop a bit lower, so that I can use them with SD2Vita, as until then I’m basically not using my vita.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To explain better the change, think of Vitashell as if it was written for Windows using Microsoft's C++ compiler: while you may well be able to compile the exact same source code with VS 2003 or VS 2012, once it's compiled (without static linking) it will require having let's say MSVCR100.DLL, and you cannot just use a renamed MSVCR120.DLL because code moved around inside the DLL (due to code length change, or just use of a different compiler or compiler's/linker's settings), the position of the code moved around!

Now reread the above, replacing "position of the code" as what the change calls "NID" [a common term for that concept, in at least the PSP scene] and "DLL" with "kernel" :)

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Nice! I'm not keeping my expectations high though because the devs specified that "Henkaku doesn't work past 3.60 and there aren't plans to find anything on 3.61 or higher" (Or something like that)

DinckelMan

Your Favorite Water Mage!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh believe me, I’m not a hurry to update. I’m still waiting for 256gb micro SD’s to drop a bit lower, so that I can use them with SD2Vita, as until then I’m basically not using my vita.

Just out of curiosity, what the hell are you planning to download to use up the entire 250+GB?

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just out of curiosity, what the hell are you planning to download to use up the entire 250+GB?

To be completely honest, no idea yet, fill it up with games mostly, uncompromised, I guess. For one I’d download every last ps plus game, which thanks to nonpdrm even if my subscription were to run out, I can continue playing at ease.
I’m very iffy when it comes to digital (only) content of which I am only extended a license.
Secondary purpose as such would be archival I guess.
Kind of future proofing that I’m guaranteed I won’t have to get a new one.
Same reason I have 128gb (on sale at the time) for my 3ds, of which more than half is still available.

Last edited by ManuelKoegler,
Reactions: Hi-Dro

NANASHI89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just hoping for a 3.67 exploit...and I hope persona 3/5 dancing star/moon night will be compatible...(assuming sony would make a new firmware)
You have to remember last year, Nintendo made one last "screw you" to Wii U owners on 5.5.1 hoping to start CBHC with 5.5.2. So never assume, Sony won't roll one out themselves.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

YeezusWalks

STRANGE JOURNEY CHADS RISE UP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to remember last year, Nintendo made one last "screw you" to Wii U owners on 5.5.1 hoping to start CBHC with 5.5.2. So never assume, Sony won't roll one out themselves.i

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
I just think that sony should just leave the vita alone... but that might not happen...

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Woah there. This is seriously exciting.
If there's something such as Henkaku for firmwares above 3.60, that would make so many people happy.

I doubt Vitashell comes alone. Something else must be used to run it.

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It seems that they have found a way to run unsigned code on 3.67 ... There are ppl working on 3.63 + henkaku but it ended as brick.

Maybe they have found a way to run 3.67 over 3.60 fw like it was on PSP time ^=^

A kind of emunand or devhook like could be nice

Last edited by chocoboss,

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Maybe they have found a way to run 3.67 over 3.60 fw like it was on PSP
This
I don't see (at this moment, at least) any vita dev that wants to work over firmware 3.60.
And even if there are devs who want to, I'm pretty certain it's related to that golden 3.60 firmware.
Don't keep your hopes up, since this will probably be a way to run fw 3.67 with some sort of TaiHen solution, but only if you are on 3.60

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.