Hacking VitaShell 1.60 Released, USB Mounting for PSTV!

eviled666

Trophies
XP
Country
hi all. i keep getting error 0x80010016 when trying to mount the usb drive. usb drive is mbr and i have tried in fat32 and exfat. tried different usb drives and getting the same error. i hav e already restored system, formated internal mc, and restored database. nothing works. i will appreciate any ideas. thanks

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
hi all. i keep getting error 0x80010016 when trying to mount the usb drive. usb drive is mbr and i have tried in fat32 and exfat. tried different usb drives and getting the same error. i hav e already restored system, formated internal mc, and restored database. nothing works. i will appreciate any ideas. thanks
Did you enable unsafe homebrew in Molecular Shell?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too late, they charge like 120-150$ where I live....

I got 2, one from launch day, the bundle with lego movie and ps3 controller 8GB memory card for $100. I just bought another one from someone for $30 from here. :P

I used it to watch crackle on it with my mom. Now i got 2, for playing vita games on it, and one for remote play and emulators, everything coming up milhouse. :D

Reactions: Byokugen

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow.

Just found out about this.

So, like, now it would be easy to setup a PSTV/VitaTV with every PSone game ever released (actual psn PSone classics +"injects" of some kind or straight iso)? This suddenly makes a docked PSPgo (the previous champion of supporting digital PSone classics AND dualshock3 support AND being small/silent compared to a cfw ps3) obsolete (with its puny 16GB memory stick M2 limit). Only problem is a pspGO/ps3 can output analog (component) to a CRT, PSTV is hdmi-only.

Tempted to grab a sealed PSTV asap more than ever...the 64gb limit was a real turn off..

Are bus-powered USB 2.5" hdds completely out of question or just the most power hungry models have issues? Experiences?

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kay. I'm trying this right now and file transfers are like, agonizingly slow. I'm using QCMA to put Soul Sacrifice Delta on the USB drive but it's taking 45 minutes. It also seems to like crashing, throwing around errors and "this file is corrupt" errors. What am I doing wrong? I've formatted my drive as FAT32... would exFAT be preferable?

Also, all the programs I installed on my Vita card are showing up but cannot be accessed. Do you need to take the Vita memory card out before attempting this mod? I didn't see this mentioned in the read me file.

ma16v3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are bus-powered USB 2.5" hdds completely out of question or just the most power hungry models have issues? Experiences?

Completely out of the question? No, but not recommended. PSTV is going to pull a maximum of 1.6a from its power supply. In all likelihood, it is going to use most of that. Many 2.5 drives I have (mech or SSD)themselves are .700mA and any enclosure is going to need to sip some power as well. No idea how much the PSTV actually uses but I can't imagine it leaves much electrical overhead for bus powered devices. That said, worst thing that can happen is your drive just won't power on or be recognized. Recommend drives with dedicated and separate power delivery.

rsc-pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is it only for PSTV?
And what would happen if I accidentally remove usb stick while using the device?
One more thing, is it possible to use Y cable to play and charge simultaneously?

Edit:
Ok, I see. Pstv only :(

Last edited by rsc-pl,

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
Is it only for PSTV?
And what would happen if I accidentally remove usb stick while using the device?
One more thing, is it possible to use Y cable to play and charge simultaneously?

Edit:
Ok, I see. Pstv only :(
There's only one usb port, so you can't do Y-Cable. See post above yours for more info.

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country
There's only one usb port, so you can't do Y-Cable. See post above yours for more info.

Y-cable with the data+power end in the PSTV and power-only end in a dedicated USB charger (apple charger, generic USB charger, USB port of your HDTV, etv.) could be tried though, to power a 2.5".

Reactions: DarthDub

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a little more luck now, but I can't seem to install Adrenaline. The "easy" installer keeps telling me I don't have Taihenkaku, but wasn't it merged with regular Henkaku months ago? Why would it demand the exploit now?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: