Hacking Vitamin & Mai Dump Compatibility list

Zephir1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anyone play new little king? i seem to crash as same place everytime at the very beginner ( the first time you build place for job soldier or farmer ) and then there a lot of turnip in garden and when i order them to charge it alway crash around that area

try with both USA and EUR dump

Just tested it, played till the first boss it works fine. Even better with the plugin. c:
Tested the EU Version.

Last edited by Zephir1991,

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
HI, thanks for the list
It might seem like a hassle, but is it possible to append file hashes to the post, that's so we know that a file checks out?
Or is there a possibility that two different dumps may produce different results, which will render these integrity checks useless
All dumps are different due to ASLR.

Reactions: Madobe Ai

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
HI, thanks for the list
It might seem like a hassle, but is it possible to append file hashes to the post, that's so we know that a file checks out?
Or is there a possibility that two different dumps may produce different results, which will render these integrity checks useless

I wouldn't mind adding file hashes but since we're relying on other people to provide the data for the list it would fall to them.

Also I believe that the dumps, as long as same region and format, should produce the same hash as long as it's working tho I may be wrong.

Edit: nvm as Cinnamon has corrected me :P

Last edited by SonsofOcelot,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't mind adding file hashes but since we're relying on other people to provide the data for the list it would fall to them.

Also I believe that the dumps, as long as same region and format, should produce the same hash as long as it's working tho I may be wrong.

Edit: nvm as Cinnamon has corrected me :P

Not long after release someone dumped the same game cardtridge using 2 different vita systems and got different results, both dumps worked properly so he asked Theflow on twitter about it, Theflow confirmed that since the files are dumped while on RAM due to ASLR you may get different results.

Condarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disgaea 4 | U.S (Physical) | Not working | Vitamin 2.0| Comments
Not sure if this has already been mentioned. I dumped my own copy if disgaea 4 and then installed it, however on launch it says this file is corrupt. Used vitamin 2.0. Haven't tried 1.0 or even 1.1. I may try maidump tool also.

Last edited by Condarkness,

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final Fantasy X HD | EU | Working | maidumptool 233.2b7

Latest private beta of maidumptool fixes the ffx crash after sin fight, the game is already dumped and uploaded using it

Eyesenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
borderlands 2 not working for me with vitamin 2 its a physical copy i dumped it but when i go to install it in vitashell when the installation is finished i get an error code

*redumped now it installs but i get a file error when i start the game
*well i just reinstalled that same dump but with airplane mode on and now it works not sure if its just a coincidence or if that help but anyways now it works

Last edited by Eyesenish,

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Not sure if this has already been mentioned. I dumped my own copy if disgaea 4 and then installed it, however on launch it says this file is corrupt. Used vitamin 2.0. Haven't tried 1.0 or even 1.1. I may try maidump tool also.
Did you delete the bubble before you tried installing the VPK?
I already confirmed it working on v1.1, didn't bother redumping it with v2.0.

Condarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you delete the bubble before you tried installing the VPK?
I already confirmed it working on v1.1, didn't bother redumping it with v2.0.

I did not try that. However, I have a save data on the cart (I am quite far). Is there a guide to keeping the save data even when deleting the bubble and installing the vpk?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
You can either use QCMA or Vita Save Manager 0.5 to back up your saves. QCMA keeps the save encrypted, whilst VSM will back them up without encryption. That means QCMA can only be used with the legit cart/PSN download, whilst VSM can only be used with dumps.

At least, that's how I understand it. I've only looked it up briefly last night.

Abu_Senpai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria

Ive added it to the list.
Final Fantasy X HD | EU | Working | maidumptool 233.2b7

Latest private beta of maidumptool fixes the ffx crash after sin fight, the game is already dumped and uploaded using it

This is a Vitamin list not a Mai one! I might change this in the near future

BTW what happens if you use a saved data on Vitamin V2 that is PAST the first sin fight?

Final Fantasy X HD (PCSE00293) working with MaiDumpTool 233.1

This is a Vitamin list not a Mai one! I might change this in the near future
@Abu_Senpai

What are you're thoughts on adding a seperate section for Mai dumps, since Vitamin is now abandoned and Mai is still being developed and also the better tool right now to use.

This is a Vitamin list not a Mai one! I might change this in the near future. Let MAI get a tad bit better and then ill add in a MAI section aswell!
borderlands 2 not working for me with vitamin 2 its a physical copy i dumped it but when i go to install it in vitashell when the installation is finished i get an error code

*redumped now it installs but i get a file error when i start the game
*well i just reinstalled that same dump but with airplane mode on and now it works not sure if its just a coincidence or if that help but anyways now it works

And....DONE

Thanks

Then edit your quote and remove the link.

From what i remember, you owned a copy of FFX right? well rumor is that apparently if you load up a save that is PAST the FIRST sin fight. The game should work fine from then onwards
Could you possibly test this? Since like you, i prefer to play FFX Via Vitamin

Last edited by Abu_Senpai,

Rigel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Malicious™ Rebirth [US] [Digital] | Not Working | [v2.0] - Dumped on ultrafast(0) compression. Game does not load, no error prompt, softcrashes the Vita after multiple attempts.
Apparently Malicious has always been a problem game, unfortunately I didn't actually expect it to fail seeing as how the JP version apparently works, so I didn't keep the original backup to try with maidump.

Last edited by Rigel,

Zephir1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Already tested it, the game just crashed/ freezed after the Sin fight. The current Vitamin can't handle FFX /FF X-2.
Even tested a savegame that was taken right before the last boss. Always ended with a crash/freeze.

And I would change the thread into Vitamin / Mai dumps, the current Mai is so much better than Vitamin.

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It is well established that Vitamin cannot properly dump FFX/X-2 yet. Crashes at the first Sin battle.

The latest maidumptool 233.2b7 can dump it BUT that version of Mai isn't publically available yet. The FF dumps that can be downloaded were all dumped by the Mai author himself, So, the above posts claiming they had sucessfully dumped the games using Mai were clearly not tested by the posters themselves, because the current public version of Mai cannot dump them.

Vitamin development has stalled for now, so I would agree that Mai reports should be included here because Mai is actually being actively updated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i always pee in the water