Hacking Vita Shell won't appear after sd2vita setup

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Reboot without the SD inserted, copy ux0:/app/(vitashell titleid) and its matched license folder to a PC and from there to SD, reboot with SD inserted

or maybe you can use QCMA backups to transfer vitashell

or you can go to henkaku browserhax, hold R to reset taihen configuration and reinstall molecularshell, but then you will have to reinstall the sd2vita driver (actually just delete ux0:/tai/plugins and make sure the sd2vita plugin is in the ur0 copy, but you'll have to look and think for a little)

YeezusWalks

STRANGE JOURNEY CHADS RISE UP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reboot without the SD inserted, copy ux0:/app/(vitashell titleid) and its matched license folder to a PC and from there to SD, reboot with SD inserted

or maybe you can use QCMA backups to transfer vitashell

or you can go to henkaku browserhax, hold R to reset taihen configuration and reinstall molecularshell, but then you will have to reinstall the sd2vita driver (actually just delete ux0:/tai/plugins and make sure the sd2vita plugin is in the ur0 copy, but you'll have to look and think for a little)
When i press R on henkaku install it gives me 0x80010016 error...

Last edited by YeezusWalks,

Natboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Natboy,

YeezusWalks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had that problem as well. Use Application Storage Manager to move Vitashell to ur0. That way you'll always have it no matter what memory card you use. It doesn't auto update from there though so you have to move it back to a memory card to update it.

http://wololo.net/2016/10/26/release-application-storage-manager-v0-01-use-ur0-extra-space/
THANKS! I've been spending two days straight trying to get vitashell on the sd2vita and your solution is the only one that worked!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
glad you fixed it. I assume that was the problem. molecular shell may not be geared to install to an sd2vita cart, so it may have been trying to install to imc when no exists.

YeezusWalks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
glad you fixed it. I assume that was the problem. molecular shell may not be geared to install to an sd2vita cart, so it may have been trying to install to imc when no exists.
yeah im happy too... i stayed up till 2:45 am EST trying to fix it yesterday...
I was so damn tired at school today...

Reactions: godreborn

iceedge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I'm having the same problem. I tried all of the above.

Even when I get into molecular shell, I can't see the setting to give me full access to root. I also tried using application storage manager but I get errors no matter what option I use.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
molecular shell/vita shell aren't entirely compatible with sd2vita. you should remove the cart, install molecular shell by holding R while booting henkaku (even if on enso), install vita shell, then make the modifications to ur0:tai/config.txt (should be the first entry under kernel so that it can be mounted before anything else), and lastly pop the sd2vita cart right in to make use of it. remember to backup your memory card (without sd2vita inserted) using usb in vita shell to your pc, then copy that content to your micro sd card. this will allow the database to be rebuilt correctly if you don't have a memory card or sd2vita inserted. insert that micro sd card into the sd2vita before inserting the sd2vita into the system after making the modification to the tai config.txt. also, remember to delete the config.txt from ux0 whether it's the memory card or the micro sd card as well as imc0 (if one exists there).

iceedge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting a 'file is corrupt' when trying to open vitashell or molecular shell after following those instructions. Essentially, I've been following the exact same steps like 5+ times now... I think neither of my sd2vitas are being recognized or it's not connecting properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)