Hardware Vita Scrolling Issues

Wishfuldrifter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a used Vita that was given to me a couple of weeks ago. After getting it charged I found that it will constantly scroll up. I can make the scrolling stop by pushing a face button or by pushing down on the d-pad. Typically it will then resume scrolling after I release the button.

I took the system apart and cleaned all the contacts. Still having issues. I booted up a game and found that the right analog stick works perfectly but that the left analog stick only moves left and right. So I tried swapping the left and right sticks. Still having the same issue, the right stick (previously the left stick) worked as intended but the left stick only moved left and right. I also replaced the PCB board for the left side of the system, same issues.

In addition to this I rebuilt the database and restored the system to default settings. No dice.

Any ideas of what else I could do to get this thing working?

delvis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I fixed it. To anyone else that might run into this same issue: I had to replace the main logic board. After doing so, everything works great.

I had the same problem , i order from a site a new left joystick ($8) and it was very easy to repair it
I also needed a right top buttom and now the vita is great with my ps3 games (hacked)
s

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)