Gaming Vita not detecting memory card after long periods of sleep mode

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 25,294
  • Replies 3
D

Deleted User

OP
So I'm playing through Danganronpa and Ive encountered a strange glitch(not sure if its exclusive to the game but it could be). I always put the vita in sleep mode with the game still on and when I pick it back up like the next day or so, I cant save or load the game because it doesn't think theres a memory card inside the system. This makes no sense because the game is running off of the memory card.

This can be fixed by quitting the game completely but Im like HOURS further than my last save point and don't want to lose that.

Please help I wanna play sometime else

oleg77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi. If you use HENkaku, this is a known issue with several games. There is a permanent fix so that you don't loose your saves in the future (see below) ; but if you do not let it sleep displaying the game (if you push on the Playstation button to minimize the game, then go to the home screen, THEN and only then let it sleep, it also doesn't happen).
So : avoid getting this issue by leaving the game suspended using the Home Button before putting your Vita to sleep.

Permanent fix : (source : reddit)
1: Change the Time Format to 12-Hour Clock
2: Backup and delete "ux0:\user\00\savedata_backup\list.dat" file
3: Create a folder named "list.dat" Example "ux0:\user\00\savedata_backup\list.dat\"

Last edited by oleg77,

ayanekochan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This also happened to me on taihen too. Hopefully it becomes more stable with the later releases.

What does list.dat actually do?

oleg77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm not sure anyone knows exactly...
read -snip-

It doesn't have to be in sleep mode at all. It happens daily at a fixed time, once every 24 hours (at least like that in my case)

If you'd like to test it, look at the original list.dat file in Vitashell, it will have a specific time (eg 12:34). Start a game at earlier, while the game is running enter the save screen and you will see the save slots normally (before 12:34). If you tried saving again at 12:35, you'd get an error and you'd not be able to save. You have to exit the game and restart it.

I've found it to happen on P4G and TOCS Roms in HENkaku (r6, but happened in older revs too iirc). I'm not sure if it happens on legit games, on other games that may have autosave (NFSmw)

Changing the list.dat file to a folder has fixed the issue though.

Here's a link to my post few months ago, it's got a YouTube vid with the error happening (prior to the fix) -https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/54niiu/something_that_ive_noticed_about_the_save_bug/

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: You can't link to that website -rp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade...