Vita Game Dumper Leaked

N6NYRdW.png

The PS Vita game dumping tool, known as Vitamin, has just been leaked and is being tested and, so far, confirmed to be legit.

I am personally testing it by dumping one of my game cartridges (Gravity Rush) as we speak and everything looks good so far!

Needless to say, expect a huge surge in PS Vita sales (if you can still find one!) on both new and used units, as well as price hikes in the already notoriously expensive Sony Vita memory cards.

As a side not, please do not attempt to run this tool yourself until developers can confirm it is safe! It -may- brick your device!

D

Deleted User

To celebrate over 12,000 downloads in the space of time that the official Vitamin was released, TheFlow has pushed a new update to Vitamin! (v1.1):

Changelog from the site:-
  • Added support for cartridges dumping which have grw0:.
  • Added files restoration in case your dump failed (fixes 0x80010011 error and Morphine name in LA. You need to launch Vitamin in order to restore the files).

You can download his latest said update as usual at Bitbucket:- https://bitbucket.org/TheOfficialFloW/vitamin

Last edited by , , Reason: Added changelog from the official site

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
To celebrate over 12,000 downloads in the space of time that the official Vitamin was released, TheFlow has pushed a new update to Vitamin! (v1.1):

https://twitter.com/theflow0/status/770899333420056576

Changelog from the site:-
  • Added support for cartridges dumping which have grw0:.
  • Added files restoration in case your dump failed (fixes 0x80010011 error and Morphine name in LA. You need to launch Vitamin in order to restore the files).

You can download his latest said update as usual at Bitbucket:- https://bitbucket.org/TheOfficialFloW/vitamin
That's awesome! ^_^

Just wish he could open source it but I'm sure he has his reasons.

D

Deleted User

Just wish he could open source it but I'm sure he has his reasons.
Well, at least he open-sourced the amphetamin plugin! :D That's all I really care about. I mean, what's the steroid injection worth without any plugins? :P

Reactions: zoogie
D

Deleted User

Well if only it can work without needing to use vitamin, i be happy. :)
If I remember rightly, you said yesterday that you had a lot of games downloaded from PSN. So why not just run them through Vitamin, delete the ones you dumped, and then reinstall them via the dumps that were made with Vitamin at ux0:Vitamin/ ? This way, there is little-to-no additional space took up on the memory card!

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
If I remember rightly, you said yesterday that you had a lot of games downloaded from PSN. So why not just run them through Vitamin, delete the ones you dumped, and then reinstall them via the dumps that were made with Vitamin at ux0:Vitamin/ ? This way, there is little-to-no additional space took up on the memory card!
Comes with one glaring issue tho: rip saves

D

Deleted User

Nah they don't get lost, but you can't use your old saves, as they are encrypted, with a dumped game
I remember there being a way to decrypt saves that were already encrypted.
Would that be of any help? Or will it still just not work?

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I remember there being a way to decrypt saves that were already encrypted.
Would that be of any help? Or will it still just not work?
If you can decrypt saves I guess they would work. I think as of now the only way to do that though is the old game dumping process and...personally, I just cba with that. Which method are you thinking of?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, saves seriously get lost in the dumping process??

:unsure:

I wasn't aware of that until now...
rip me...
I assume you can play the game and create save data, then replace the original save backup with the vitamin game save.
Besides i tried to dump one game eailer, and it froze. I had to restart the system and it wouldn't load home menu until i ejected the memory card. It took way too long to dump anyway and i feel is better to wait for more stablizing releases with improved speed dumps and functionality. Besides isn't the idea of this to dump a game cart to make a back up to play on memory card without needing game card? Dumping a game i can already play on memory card will allow the plugin to work but perhaps future possibility to enable plugin without dumps can happen :P

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I have a question regarding app dumping;

What if the app I want to dump has no manual? What do I do from there? Would it just simply not be able to be dumped as a result?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol