Hardware Vita 2nd gen vs New 3ds XL

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Guys, while Nintendo put the SD card locked behind two tiny screws that aren't much hassle at all. they have added SD management which allows you to transfer files over network.

Anyway, OG Vita will always been the perfect handheld for me. Vita rules, 3DS drools and all that i love my new 3ds really

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, while Nintendo put the SD card locked behind two tiny screws that aren't much hassle at all. they have added SD management which allows you to transfer files over network.

Ah, neat. That's not too bad then, though still a bit annoying for people that use it for more than just storing games as I doubt the N3DS will have wireless support beyond G, maybe N. Still not that high of bandwidth, considering some people's music libraries. My entire library, even when converted down to AAC, still takes up more than 10GB.

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've mentioned it before, but you CAN get a 128GB SD card working in a 3DS if formatted correctly. Of course a 128GB MicroSD card probably costs more then the 3DS it self, but... I don't know where I was going with that.

Reactions: cvskid

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Ah, neat. That's not too bad then, though still a bit annoying for people that use it for more than just storing games as I doubt the N3DS will have wireless support beyond G, maybe N. Still not that high of bandwidth, considering some people's music libraries. My entire library, even when converted down to AAC, still takes up more than 10GB.

Who is going to be transferring 10GB of data over to their 3DS? If you really wanted to do that, you'd just take the card out and update files over network when needed.

If you really do use the 3DS as your music player, I'm positively sure that a $30 Android has better music support (and will output sound at a higher quality) than the cumbersome 3DS sound player.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've mentioned it before, but you CAN get a 128GB SD card working in a 3DS if formatted correctly. Of course a 128GB MicroSD card probably costs more then the 3DS it self, but... I don't know where I was going with that.

Yeah, as long as it's FAT32, it should read it just fine. SD and Micro SD are fairly cheap anymore. My 32GB one serves me fine, though. I mostly stick to cartridges (except for games that are digital only).

Who is going to be transferring 10GB of data over to their 3DS? If you really wanted to do that, you'd just take the card out and update files over network when needed.

If you really do use the 3DS as your music player, I'm positively sure that a $30 Android has better music support (and will output sound at a higher quality) than the cumbersome 3DS sound player.

Very true, and I did have a smartphone for a while, but the plans were more expensive than I liked. Also, I don't like carrying around a lot of devices, as I like to fit them in my shirt pockets. I carry around a micro, a cheap phone (only costs $20 a month for unlimited everything), and my 3DS. I prefer to avoid adding anything else to the mix for now. Like I admitted before, I'm in the minority when it comes to this.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to tell me what phone service you're going through.

Verizon, but it's a really old contract I've kept renewing. I haven't let it die since I can't find any better deals. No data, though, so Verizon won't let me move it over to a smartphone. I know there's ways to use a smartphone for services designed for regular cells, but I don't want to take the chance and end up having my contract terminated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over