Hacking Vita 1.69 - what are my options?

pin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Just picked up a cheap vita which still has 1.69 . I read the sticky and I would like to play some Vita games although the option o some homebrew on a nice screen is appealing.

What exploits are open to me now?

Ta

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
none if you do not have the needed games installed on your vita
http://wololo.net/
will have the info you need
something is coming but there is NO ETA
just PSP mode is "hacked"
vita mode is still LOCKED and there is nothing for it

you better off, just BUYING a PSP and use that for PSP back-ups and homebrew

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Update to 3.00 FW
A PSP Exploit will be released next week which will allow you to play PSP Games for free of course but you will need to buy a certain game which will allow you to trigger the exploit
Check wololo.net
if you would like to use this one :P
There is not a native Vita exploit at the moment.

pin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Not too bothered about PSP games as have a PSP already which is gathering dust. Is 1.69 a desirable f/w , i.e. one that people would pay for?

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Not too bothered about PSP games as have a PSP already which is gathering dust. Is 1.69 a desirable f/w , i.e. one that people would pay for?
Yeah but the latest games require an update so you will have to update :P
And yes people want systems with low firmware :P

pin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the info. SO if I hack then update , I lose the exploit, I guess? :( Oh well, I would like to play Persona.

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks for the info. SO if I hack then update , I lose the exploit, I guess? :( Oh well, I would like to play Persona.
You wouldn't be able to download it either way :P
The best you can do is follow my previous post.
Vita exploits aren't free by the way xD
There is an exploit for every firmware but if you are on a lower FW you have more RAM on your PSP Emu :P

pin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I don't mind paying for some Vita games while I wait for the promised hack! :) Interesting info about the RAM. Should I update direct via my Vita or download a fw file?

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yeah, I don't mind paying for some Vita games while I wait for the promised hack! :) Interesting info about the RAM. Should I update direct via my Vita or download a fw file?
Directly :P there is no difference as far as I know :P and according to wololo :)
And when you say Persona you mean the PSP Series right? xD

pin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Directly :P there is no difference as far as I know :P and according to wololo :)
And when you say Persona you mean the PSP Series right? xD

Persona 4 - seems to be the best rated game on Vita. That and Tearaway. ANy other recommendations?

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You can't play PS Vita games with an PSP Exploit :P
But yeah P4G Is awesome and I recommend it too! :P
I own all of the persona games on PSP and Vita :)

pin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah - I'm not daft! :)
Cool- have had Persona 4 on ps2 for ages but not got round to it. Thanks for the help and Happy Xmas

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Murasama Rebirth, Zero Escape, Escape Plan (PSN only), Little Big Planet, and Dangan Ronpa (will be launched around February).

Update to 3.0 FW and wait for upcoming TN-V4. You will need a JP PSN accounts apparently (since TN-V4 was demoed on Vita TV and Vita TV can only use JP PSN) to download exploit games.
Keep in mind once you install TN-V4 you cannot connect to PSN ever again, not unless you want to lose the exploit. You also won't be able to play any future Vita games that has FW requirement of 3.0.1+.

Honestly Vita hacking is totally not worth it at this point.

Reactions: pin

pin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Last question guys. I have ps3 cfw and I know there is a remote play hack. Is this running on most games, eg ac4? Anyone have a link please?

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Last question guys. I have ps3 cfw and I know there is a remote play hack. Is this running on most games, eg ac4? Anyone have a link please?
http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jailbreak/guide-ps3-psp-remote-play-on-non-remote-play-games/

That hack has limited use. Many games have Remote Play disabled because there simply wasn't enough RAM for it. PS3 only has 256 MB of RAM and Remote Play reserved 8 MB, leaving only 248 MB left.

Many PS3 games need the entire 256 MB to run smoothly. Gameplay will be very choppy if Remote Play is turned on.

Reactions: pin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended