Hacking visa e-giftcards

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using a few of the sites where you get paid to do stuff online, and I am going to get a visa e-giftcard to get a flashcart for my ds lite. has anyone had any problems using visa e-giftcards to get flashcarts??

also, I wanted to get the cn gold flashcart (I think that I said that right lol) and what is a good site so I don't get ripped off???

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Physical prepaid visa/mastercard/amex cards bought in the US are by default for domestic use only.

There is currently only 2 prepaid visa that lets you use on international orders, PayPower Travel card and TravelMoney card.
You can find them here:
https://www.paypower.com/StoreLocator/StoreLocator.html
https://usa.visa.com/pay-with-visa/cards/prepaid-cards/travel-money-card.html

As for the "cn gold flashcart", never heard of it. I think you got the name wrong.

If you want to deal with a US vendor, you can use modchipsdirect: http://www.modchipsdirect.com/

Depends on what your definition of "ripped off" means. Nearly all flashcart vendors use payment processors outside the US, that means you will be charged international fees and exchange rate fees by your card not the vendor.

So ordering something from sites like 3dsgamerworld, http://www.3dsgamerworld.com/ , say a R4i Gold 3DS RTS which cost 11.50 USD.

The total would be:
R4i Gold 3DS RTS - 11.50 USD
S/H - 5.50 USD
Foreign Transaction Fee - 2% (0.34, based off of the cart and s/h)(based off of paypower travel card)
exchange rate - variable (this depends on the day an order is placed roughly 2-3 bucks)

Your total you would need on the prepaid card minimum would be 19.34 USD (using 2 bucks as the exchange rate)

Some people would only assume that they would only pay the 17 USD from the cart and s/h. Some consider the 2.34 USD extra charged as some kind of scam charge when it is not.
So that depends on what your definition of "ripped off" means.

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ripped off as in they would just keep my money or whatever. But so your saying I couldn't use a prepaid visa giftcard? This is an excellent giftcard to purchase stuff online. I have before tried the plastic method and it didn't work cuz visa stopped letting ppl use those cards for online purchases lame I know. So then is there a site I could use a visa e-card? Would mod chips direct work

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you got your prepaid visa/mastercard/amex from CVS/Walgreens/etc, then it means you can't use it for international purchases period unless it is one of the 2 I listed. You can use to for anything like amazon or local purchases etc, just not sites that use a payment processor that is located outside the US.

You can email modchipsdirect if they take the prepaid card you have. They have a web form you can use here: http://www.modchipsdirect.com/contact-us.html

Alot of the scam websites die pretty quick, but if you find a site that you want to use and want to know if they are a site that will not scam you then can ask in this section here: https://gbatemp.net/forums/online-stores-and-purchases.193/

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well the visa card is from a website called swagbucks, I haven't purchased it yet though lol, will soon, I emailed mod chips last nite, are all the usa flashcart sites like this btw? do tey all use foreign accounts for their purchases? I might try ebay I don't know

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
yes, the US is a pro IP/copyright country, meaning they try and stamp out counterfit/contraband/etc items as much as possible. There are only less than a handful of flashcart vendors left in the US that are based in the US, all others got shut down or got raided etc.

If your going to use modchipsdirect, you might as well use a real CC.

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol damn I don't want a real credit card, and I am 4 dollars away from earning this giftcard lol, it is from a site called swagbucks. I figured that they had all moved to being foreign. this sucks, I have tried so many diff ways to get this thing lol it is starting to piss me off

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have looked through the list of giftcards you can get from swagbucks: http://www.swagbucks.com/p/category/-999/All-Rewards

The only generic prepaid visa you can get are the Visa Reward Cards and those are for domestic use only.

image32984.jpg

From your other post about resorting to ebay, I assume you got your answer from modchipsdirect and the answer turned out as a no.

---

The card issuer, The Bancorp Bank, does have a TravelMoney version of the prepaid card, but swagbucks doesn't offer that version of the prepaidcard.

Last edited by how_do_i_do_that,

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found ppl selling them on Newegg I'll go there just ordered the giftcard. If it doesn't work then ya ill be pissed but I'll just get something else

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using a few of the sites where you get paid to do stuff online, and I am going to get a visa e-giftcard to get a flashcart for my ds lite. has anyone had any problems using visa e-giftcards to get flashcarts??

also, I wanted to get the cn gold flashcart (I think that I said that right lol) and what is a good site so I don't get ripped off???
Yah I've tried it. Never worked sadly enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1