Hacking Virtual Console Injection and Banner Making [VIDEO TUTORIAL]

JoeyGennaro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So OrangeChicken do you have any idea on how to get Rare games to work? Specifically Banjo Kazooie and Tooie and Donkey Kong 64?

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice post
biggrin.gif

Now a quick question, for OC testing, which list do you peeps use? Is it the wiki here or on aNother site? Only asking because maybe more testing to try every eventually with different channels/roms would help, then again I ain't suggesting you would need help but maybe cover some things not yet tried.

ORANGECHiCKEN seem to be soooooo busy these days with a lot of steps in the right direction.

Can't wait to see more improvements on pretty much everything you guys (and gal) touch.

ORANGECHICKEN FTW ! ! !
biggrin.gif

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for this 0RANGECHICKEN. At least this should make things easier for those who want to try this for the first time.

For those who don't have the Snipping Tool, create a screenshot from your emulator instead. Then move it to a new folder based on what was mentioned in the tutorial.
smile.gif

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Slimmmmmm said:
Nice post
biggrin.gif

Now a quick question, for OC testing, which list do you peeps use? Is it the wiki here or on aNother site? Only asking because maybe more testing to try every eventually with different channels/roms would help, then again I ain't suggesting you would need help but maybe cover some things not yet tried.

ORANGECHiCKEN seem to be soooooo busy these days with a lot of steps in the right direction.

Can't wait to see more improvements on pretty much everything you guys (and gal) touch.

ORANGECHICKEN FTW ! ! !
biggrin.gif
Thanks for the nice words. But if I could clear one thing up, it's 0RANGECHiCKEN with a zero!
yaynds.gif

We don't use any injection wiki. There used to be a good one by drewblisdale (or something) but that kept getting vandalized and eventually was abandoned. I've gone back and updated the wiki here on GBAtemp a few times to correct errors and add more games. But with the number of games we inject, we almost always test everything for ourselves - regardless of what the wikis say.

Keep any eye peeled for more tutorials from us. We're working on sharing all of the information we have regarding this sort of thing - but one day at a time. We've got plenty more in the works for you guys (and gal). Haha!
grog.gif

Reactions: SaulFabre

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Excellent tutorial video although WADs would not install if I used VC Inject. Although I think it was because '-1' was not placed in the 'WAD Packer' batch file. >_< So that should have fixed that problem. *goes and updates his Genesis inject guide*

Haruhi said:
What about injecting games into Kirby's Dream Land 3, which just came out?

SNES VC Channels after Super Mario RPG seem to use LS77 compression for the roms and manual. So the injection using the VC Inject won't work. You will have to uncompress the 05.app and replace the rom (must be compressed). Although I've let to get that method to work.

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
RadioShadow said:
Excellent tutorial video although WADs would not install if I used VC Inject. Although I think it was because '-1' was not placed in the 'WAD Packer' batch file. >_< So that should have fixed that problem. *goes and updates his Genesis inject guide*

Haruhi said:
What about injecting games into Kirby's Dream Land 3, which just came out?

SNES VC Channels after Super Mario RPG seem to use LS77 compression for the roms and manual. So the injection using the VC Inject won't work. You will have to uncompress the 05.app and replace the rom (must be compressed). Although I've let to get that method to work.
You're right, RadioShadow. It's important for people to recognize that every system injects and is bannered a little differently. But this method will work for all NES injects, and can be expanded/tweaked a bit for other systems. There's plenty of documentation out there on how to inject other systems, so hopefully people will look into those sources if they run into problems trying to follow this tutorial.

About the WAD Packer batch file, it is not "-1" when setting the title ID, it is "-i". And that step is not necessary at all. The game will still install fine (provided it has a title ID designated from some other process) without the "-i XXXX".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.