Homebrew Virtual boy emulator for DS?

InoD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious if someone has made one or has one....ive been looking for a good virtual boy emulator to put on one of my portables

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
InoD said:
Curious if someone has made one or has one....ive been looking for a good virtual boy emulator to put on one of my portables
No its not been done, people have little interest in it I guess even if it does have a great Wario game for it. The other games I played were pretty bad.

InoD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea the Wario game was the only reason I wanted it, and its just cool to be like "hey, I have a virtual boy emulator"

Hoping someone makes one...

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Red Alarm and Mario Clash were great on there, also come to think of it Galactic Pinball was pretty sweet too as was Nester's Funky Bowling.

Not much there was truly great, so don't count on it, also if I remember right the CPUs on it are beefy enough I don't think you could do it on DS at all, and a recoded mess like the N64 carryovers wouldn't do any good either.

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I played with one of these for a total of 5 mins in a wal-mart. I nearly vomitted and had a seizure (not really, and I'm sorry for those who do react this way to video games) I am currently in a lawsuit to collect damages. I'm pretty sure once I get the money I have to give it back to wal-mart tho seeing how they reserve the right to take back any money they pay out for Health insurance if the person wins a settlement. Which is REDIC(K). ...wish I would have read the fine print.

Needless to say...these games were decent....but wasn't the reason behind the Virtual boy the fact that you are wearing video googles and the graphics are 3dish? This..wouldn't translate to the DS...

Cheesemonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why?

How would you get the 3D working? It went up to your eyes, and if you do that on the DS you won't be able to use any buttons.

Not to mention, the virtual boy was created by Satan. It gave seizures, and 5 out of the 6 games released for it were terrible.

I think the wario game on the VB (Only good game on the VB) was also released on either the GB, GBC, or GBA, right?

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically you'd have to pack in with each game some simple red tinted 3D glasses set in thick cardboard or cheap thin plastic that wouldn't set back Nintendo more than a dollar or 2 to shove in there so they would be willing to do so. That alone could fairly recreate the 3D effect of the VB on the DS as that is an option on PC with the fairly lame emulators that exist and it works.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS wise, I doubt it's anywhere near powerful enough considering it can't even emulate the SNES properly, and the Virtual Boy is more powerful.

However, the VB emulator for the Wii actually works really well with old school red/blue 3d glasses.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
How would you get the 3D working?

as nothing else you said deserves a reply, i'll comment on this part. flubba has 3D support in s8ds. you can play the handful of sega master system 3d games using red/blue anaglyph glasses. you can also play 3d world runner on nesds. the 3d effect works pretty good with the glasses on and there is no reason it couldn't work for a virtual boy emulator.

-another world

Boy12

NOT a new member!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Virtual boy emulation?
I think it's not worth it, the titles on for that console are bad, except for Wario Land and Mario Clash.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
DS wise, I doubt it's anywhere near powerful enough considering it can't even emulate the SNES properly, and the Virtual Boy is more powerful.

However, the VB emulator for the Wii actually works really well with old school red/blue 3d glasses.
the only vb emu on wii that i ever tried played games at half speed at best.
which is another reason for vb emulators probably not being able to run on a ds anyway. ports maybe. but whos gonne take the time to port any such game

Ulieq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Red Alarm and Mario Clash were great on there, also come to think of it Galactic Pinball was pretty sweet too as was Nester's Funky Bowling.

Not much there was truly great, so don't count on it, also if I remember right the CPUs on it are beefy enough I don't think you could do it on DS at all, and a recoded mess like the N64 carryovers wouldn't do any good either.

red alarm was amazing, imagine star fox in 3d....and red and black.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte