heyyouguys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yee or Firon (or others who know),

What is the difference with the two Supercard SD versions with moonshell 1.6?

You have what appears to be the standard SC SD version by chishm and then you haveSC SD_Moon version by moonlight.

Please shed some light on this for me (i cannot try out at the moment).

thanks in advance,

heyyouguys (aka onekelly)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I recall 2 different versions of SC SD DLDI patch were made for the SC SD, one by Chism and one by moonlight both with minor differences. I believe chism's is considered the better of the two.

Firon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moonlight's had better compatibility, from what I saw on gbadev. There's a third one that's only for DS Lites now.

Oh, and fischju, AviSynth 2.5.7 works fine with BatchDPG. And DPGPlay requires it.
tongue.gif

If you install beta 4.5, you NEED beta 4 installed first. 4.5 lacks all the required files.

Firon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommended 256-384 before Moonshell improved the playback speed of DPG, since that was the only bitrate range that could reliably get you the recommended FPS at the time.
As of Moonshell 1.6, you can use 384-512 and use a higher FPS as well. 20 FPS for 256x192, 24 for everything else (could probably get away with 25 for PAL).

You should update your guide for 1.3: VeryHigh was renamed to Ultra, 32768Hz audio was added (and is infinitely superior to 32000 and 48000), KVCD option was removed (forced on now), regular stereo removed (replaced with JS). I also recommend using 2 passes.

Oh, and AdaptiveDelayControl set to 0 is actually a good thing. It doesn't make things worse at all, and in fact gets rid of skips, period. The only thing that happens is if Moonshell can't keep up, the video lags behind the audio until it can catch up, but it always goes back into sync pretty quickly. It's much more pleasant than 2 or 3 seconds of no video at all.

The dithering option works properly now (but it's still not what we consider dithering) and works to reduce skipping by playing the video in half-res. But it sucks, I just use Dithering=0, GOPSkip=0, and AdaptiveDelayControl=0. Works best.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone else experience small noise artefacts when using moonshell? ie. happening at a regular beat

AznKenshin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
@ Firon

I've tried those settings that you mentioned (the Moonshell ones in the bottom) and it made the out-of-sync even worse. The size increased from 256 mb to 284 using the BatchDPG 1.3 beta 4.5 and your settings, but I have not seen any major improvements... in fact I probably can't even tell a slight difference between the two.

OK, I've given you too much crap to answer xD

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
latest beta is now working great for me. i think my problem was that some of the files in the dircetory were old. (ie. not latest version)

cheezbunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great-great guide you've got here, thanks a lot man!
biggrin.gif

one question: can you encode a few vids at the same time w/ BatchDPG?-or just one by one?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unless you decide to use one of the first versions then there is a reason it is known as batchdpg. Add a couple, choose options, hit start and some time later you have a couple of DPGs appear.

If you mean multiple encoded simultaneously (i.e. you have a multicore system) then I am afraid you will have to run multiple instances.

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the bundled DPGTools 1.3 finally surpassed BatchDPG 1.3 Beta 4.5. Maybe it's just me, but I'll confirm in a sec.

Edit: Ok, after testing: DPGTools videos run smoother and look better than BatchDPG. One thing I have noticed is that the volume control is less optimized than in Moonshell 1.6 so if you don't want any hiccups I would advise to keep it at 100%. I have tested all encodes at 400% though and BatchDPG encodes hiccup ALOT more than DPGTools. I'll use DPGTools for now until Firon updates BatchDPG. The only downside is that the videos are larger in size but the quality more than makes up for it. I hope Infantile gets the volume thing worked out, but I think he posted on his site that he is done with Moonshell. :'(

fli_guy84

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Thanks for the guide! I'm always confused on picking up the encode settings, now I know for certain which settings to choose.

I've noticed it's significantly slower to convert. Man, need dual core CPU asap
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment