New 3DS PsP c-stick mod tutorial! (The proper way!)

I know many tutorials for this already exist, but many of them permanently break the old thumb stick in the process. Plus, this was mostly just a practice video for the nand mod tutorial I am going to be making.
Please give me tips for what I can do to improve the quality. Thank you!

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Nice! Your video is better quality than mine, which I put up about 3 months ago. It's this one.

i liked your video, mate why do you prfer the c-stick nub? do you have no sweaty hands when you play for a while?

in my case i do, so the nub is exremely slippery for me, is the psp stick bad for moving the camera in games?

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i liked your video, mate why do you prfer the c-stick nub? do you have no sweaty hands when you play for a while?

in my case i do, so the nub is exremely slippery for me, is the psp stick bad for moving the camera in games?
No, my hands don't get sweaty. I actually like that the c-stick is kind of soft and it sticks up, while the psp nub is hard and kind of flat. It doesn't feel right to me that it doesn't move. I don't like the way it looks either. Anyway it's all subjective.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
No, my hands don't get sweaty. I actually like that the c-stick is kind of soft and it sticks up, while the psp nub is hard and kind of flat. It doesn't feel right to me that it doesn't move. I don't like the way it looks either. Anyway it's all subjective.
aah so thats why you prefer the nub, well i agree with you.

the original has a soft feel to it whereas the psp one will feel rough.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I don't get it. The C-Stick nub and PSP analog cap are both not movable. It would be more comfortable if the PSP cap actually moves like the analog slider, but it doesn't. So why do people say the PSP cap is more comfortable to use?

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Because it's bigger. So I can easily reach it without my nail hitting the 3DS's hinge. And I can also use it as some sort of DPad, like pressing the bottom part of it is detected as a down input. But good luck pressing the bottom part on a nub that is smaller than the A button.
Though obviously, that's my feeling, if you're ok with the default nub, don't risk anything for a setup that's not going to bring any improvement you felt you needed ;)

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Because it's bigger. So I can easily reach it without my nail hitting the 3DS's hinge. And I can also use it as some sort of DPad, like pressing the bottom part of it is detected as a down input. But good luck pressing the bottom part on a nub that is smaller than the A button.
Though obviously, that's my feeling, if you're ok with the default nub, don't risk anything for a setup that's not going to bring any improvement you felt you needed ;)
Welp, I just replaced my nub with a PSP cap to see if it really is much better and I can say, yes, it is better. Movements are registered easier without using force. You can tap the cap slightly and it will get registered. I don't understand why that is, since even with the cap, nothing moves. Probably has something to do with physics, lever principle or something. Anyway, it would have been nice if the PSP cap was made of the same material and color as the left analog slider.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c