Video Driver Fix for Windows 10

MushGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I recently updated my Windows 10 version to 1709. Unfortunately, the video driver (GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M) doesn't seem to work properly with the update. This is what I get:
Nvidia.png

Related to that, this is what I get in the Java configuration window:
Java.png

Is there a way to fix this, like some workaround, or a place to download a newer driver (there isn't any in the Nvidia site, and the driver version I get from Windows Update is 179.67)?

D

Deleted User

i would try ddu (display driver uninstaller) and and install the driver again in safe mode not the windows version but what nvidia recommends.

MushGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I finally tried installing 309.08, but it didn't work because I get incompatibility messages. So I tried looking and I found this page, and I downloaded the GeForce 259.47 driver, and it finally worked: Both the 3d and Java issues are gone. Now let's hope Windows doesn't revert it. Thanks for helping, anyway.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
OK, I finally tried installing 309.08, but it didn't work because I get incompatibility messages. So I tried looking and I found this page, and I downloaded the GeForce 259.47 driver, and it finally worked: Both the 3d and Java issues are gone. Now let's hope Windows doesn't revert it. Thanks for helping, anyway.
I was going to suggest trying a few different drivers, as sometimes Windows updates can cause weird issues like this and using another driver often solves it, but good to hear you got it sorted out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs