Gaming Vice City Stories problem

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,917
  • Replies 9
D

Deleted User

OP
I recently downloaded a CSO of Vice City Stories, and whenever I try to start it is says "The game could not be started code 80020148"

I have tried all the NO-UMD drivers, but none work. Should I try downloading another dump?
Thanks in advance

Taziz

Trophies
XP
Country
well heres I got a sony 2gb ( fake ) and sandisk 4gb when I tray to run it on sony fake card in iso its cool but if I tray to convert to cso and play it doesn't read the game, I can't even select but when I tray to run on my sandisk it reads and plays fine in cso/iso o tray converting
and by the way it will lag like hell in cso convert back to iso

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
If it's a fake, then it's likely that the memory on it is compressed. Trying to run compressed data in compressed storage space is beyond anything but a PC (due to improved drivers on the PC, and lack of timeout). On demand drivers, such as the ones used with PSP, are highly likely to corrupt the card, and usually do not work in general.

But this may not be the only reason why a game might fail. Rule of thumb - try an ISO on more than one card to see if it works at all. If not, bad dump. If it only works on some, card needs reformatting. If it works on all, but limited functionality when converted to CSO, then it's a bad card (or could just need defragmenting) and you should complain to the provider. And if it works on all cards in CSO form, then you've nothing to complain about (but that doesn't seem the case).

bclowe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you try turning off no-umd in the recovery menu? back when i had my psp, if there was an issue, turning that of normally fixed it.

D

Deleted User

OP
It's real, and all, but doesn't work, just get the 80020148 error =\

Oh well, I'll have to live with Liberty City Stories for now hehe

Flameburst

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jerro123 said:
DON'T play in CSO. It lags like crap (for me). I only play in ISO for any Rockstar game since there's too much lag and the waiting times are longer.

Maybe if you overclock your psp you can overcome this. That's what I do. It bascially comes to whether you want to preserve memory or battery life. Overclocking drains battery life faster.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol