Hacking VCFE Wip...

MorPhiend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the process I used before:

1. Run "WAD Unpacker.bat" to unpack "in.wad".
2. Use "U8Tool10.1" to extract "00.app".
3. Use "U8Tool10.1" to extract "banner.bin".
4. Use "U8Tool10.1" to extract "icon.bin".
5. Use "brlyt tool" to edit the "banner.brlyt".
6. Use "Save Icon Maker" to make the three icons.
7. Place "banner.tpl" in extracted WAD.
8. Place "VCPic.tpl" in banner_bin_OUT>arc>timg.
9. Place "IconVCPic.tpl" in icon_bin_OUT>arc>timg.
10. Use "U8Tool10.1" to pack "banner.bin". (Delete recursive folders, Use LZ77 compresion, IMD5)
11. Use "U8Tool10.1" to pack "icon.bin". (Delete recursive folders, Don't use LZ77 compresion, IMD5)
12. Use "U8Tool10.1" to pack "00.app". (Delete recursive folders, Don't use LZ77 compresion, IMET)
13. Use "Save Icon and Save Title Injector", select "SNES", source is banner.tpl in extracted WAD, target is 01.app, change "SNES Save" to the title of my WD, click "Set ALL".
14. Use "WAD Packer" to re-pack all app's, cert, tik, tmd and trailer files.

When I tried this before my other post, all went fine until it gave me that error at step 13. I ended up with a functioning WAD with a blurry icon on the Wii Menu, a crisp icon on the next screen and a default SNES save icon.

I just tried RS's suggestion (thanks a ton!). After step 12 I used "U8Tool10.1" to unpack "05.app", copied the "banner.tpl" from the extracted WAD to the extracted "05.app", then re-packed it. I did step 13 and 14 with no errors!

But now I have a channel with a blurry icon on the Wii Menu, a clear icon on the next screen, a clear (but tiny) save icon with a correct title, but when you click on the save it shows the title, plus the old DKC2 sub-title (Diddy's Kong Quest).

I made the .png 256x192. Isn't that the right dimensions? If anyone has any further input on the blurry Wii Menu icon or the sub-title of the game save, let me know. In the meantime, I'm going to experiment with using a smaller image for the save icon instead of the title screen.

And I don't know if these Q's I have are issues that would be helpful for HC to hear in order to iron out problems, or if I'm just plain dumb for not being able to figure them out. If there is a better thread for me to post this, let me know. Thanks.

Dr.Rawr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with Save Inject. When I select the 01.app for the SNES, it crashes with the error "Run-Time Error '5': Invalid procedure call or argument" It won't crash if I select the app file with another Console selected.

Additional information: I have the FM20.dll in the folder, along with the zip file and application. I injected Earthbound into DKC2 using this tutorial.

TIA,
-Dr.Rawr
EDIT: Nevermind, I used a hex editor and stuff. It would be nice to have an answer anyways.
EDIT EDIT: Nevernevermind. It didn't work. I think if I had Save Inject working, the rest would work.

jaceguay

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
everytime i click Inject in save icon injector it gives Run-time error '76': Path not found, and if I choose Genesis as a console and click the file brower button in source Tpl it goes to the folder choose screen and not the file choose.
Any ideas what I can do?

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
You know how in certain SNES WADs you can only use one line instead of two lines for the "Save Name"? Well, that's pretty easy to fix to allow the use of both lines in any SNES WAD.

In the "00000001.app" file, locate the save name. Just after the space for the second line, you will notice a hex value that says either "1A" or "1B". See blue circle in image below:
SNES-Save.png

If the hex value is set to:
1A = Displays both lines of text
1B = Only displays the first line of text

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Dr.Rawr said:
I have a problem with Save Inject. When I select the 01.app for the SNES, it crashes with the error "Run-Time Error '5': Invalid procedure call or argument" It won't crash if I select the app file with another Console selected.

Additional information: I have the FM20.dll in the folder, along with the zip file and application. I injected Earthbound into DKC2 using this tutorial.

TIA,
-Dr.Rawr
EDIT: Nevermind, I used a hex editor and stuff. It would be nice to have an answer anyways.
EDIT EDIT: Nevernevermind. It didn't work. I think if I had Save Inject working, the rest would work.

I found out that save inject for SNES/SFC games is working like that: unpack your wad, then open the 00000005.app with u8 tool, run save injector, select tpl and 00000001.app, set the save text, save and hit inject. You will see it works this way
wink.gif

Dont forget to repack the 00000005.app
smile.gif

Pack wad with wwpacker and install.

Enjoy your inject with save banner and text

Vahkiti

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, here are my fast packed folders:
http://www.mediafire...ni1anhdn410wpdy
I hope everything is included, I use them regulary and they work well ;)

Judging by the apparent replacement, I'm guessing this doesn't need the "CCF Tools" program. You are a live saver. Many thanks. ^_^

EDIT: Uh.. never mind that previous statement, I actually still can't find a way to extract the CCF file. =/ (Injecting a Genesis rom)

Kirä69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I need CCF Tool 2.0 but I can't find any online link to download it. Will someone do me a favor and upload it? Thank you.

gootube2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realize that this is an outdated topic, but would anyone happen to know why I'm getting the following error on VC brlyt?

"Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"
p.s. Yes, I Googled it.

Edit2: Download Microsoft ActiveX Control Pad to get this to work. In some cases it may need more setup.

Last edited by gootube2000,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1