Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
With all these game/graphical engines going semi-free (not really free cause their catches) I hope they don't forget about consoles. None of these companies have made it clear if it includes the different console versions...Well except the unreal engine, i mean it was designed as universal from the start. Anything incompatible in the unreal 4 with your system can simply be turned off/not used.
Everything is designed on PCs, even if the intended release platforms are consoles. If you're suggesting allowing console users to design stuff with their controllers, that's just silly.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything is designed on PCs, even if the intended release platforms are consoles. If you're suggesting allowing console users to design stuff with their controllers, that's just silly.

I wasn't and actually most game development is actually done on a Mac. :ha:

:evil: However it isn't beyond impossible anymore to develop games on a console. The PS4 and Xbone definitely have enough hardware resources for them to be used in making games. Attaching a keyboard, mouse, HDD, etc is easy as pie in today's world as well. The only missing hoop is development software designed for designing games on the consoles. But there is nearly no point in creating or porting development software to a console. Cause nearly everyone and their chimps in the free world have at least one home computer.

What I was saying was aside from unreal 4, there are still console specif versions of source and other game engines despite of game development being done on a computer.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't and actually most game development is actually done on a Mac. :teach:
Porting to a Mac would be a lot easier and the Mac would have a much bigger game library were that true. As-is, you'd be shooting yourself in the foot big time if you were to buy a Mac for gaming. I do imagine most game engines/tools can be used on either Mac or PC, though. Some even on Linux.

sethirion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We will be making Source 2 available for free to content developers
I cannot say that means "free for everyone" but I do not know exactly what a "content developer" is firs of all.
Unity (game engine) and Unreal Engine 4 are free for anyone to use it. You only have to pay when you get a certain income.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I cannot say that means "free for everyone" but I do not know exactly what a "content developer" is firs of all.
Unity (game engine) and Unreal Engine 4 are free for anyone to use it. You only have to pay when you get a certain income.
From what I understand they more or less just require you to release your game on Steam in addition to any other storefronts you choose to release it on. Which means that Valve would get their usual cut of about 30% for every copy sold on Steam.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
    S @ salazarcosplay: and good morning everyone +1