Valkyria Revolution coming west in Q2 2017

OJ9dXZF.jpg

Sega and Deep Silver will be bringing Valkyria Azure Revolution to North America and Europe in the second quarter of 2017, according to a press release. It'll be released on PS Vita, PS4 and Xbox One. The console versions will be getting a physical release, while the Vita version is to be digital only. Valkyria Revolution's story is an alternate timeline of the world that the previous entry, Valkyria Chronicles, took place in.

All it takes is a single spark to start the inferno of war, and in the story of Valkyria Revolution, players will experience that firsthand. Five lifelong friends consumed by personal revenge plunge an entire continent into a terrible war, sacrificing the lives of countless innocents for a cause based on twisted half-truths and outright lies. This “Circle of Five” use their combined influence in their political and military positions to motivate their small, economically blockaded homeland to rise up and become a powerful resistance against its imperialist oppressors. Will the Circle of Five be remembered as heroic liberators, or will their selfish motives expose them as traitorous conspirators who sacrificed untold lives just to carry out a personal vendetta? Players will watch this history unfold in Valkyria Revolution and find out the truth behind the events…

Features

• A Brush with Death – Turning the tide of battle in Valkyria Revolution is Brunhilde, one of the last of the ancient and powerful Valkyrur, magical beings with near limitless power. She’s bound by oath to the enemy forces and players will have to figure out how to defeat her.
  • Prepare for LeGIONValkyria Revolution has a brand new battle system that mixes real-time combat and tactical strategy. Players can take control of the battlefield using brazen combos or cunning tactics and finding a balance between them is the key to excelling in skirmishes.
  • The Ingenuity of War – Through adversity comes great engineering, and with a besieged homeland, players will have upgrade their existing weapons through branching customization paths.
  • A New Painterly LookValkyria Revolution has a refined look thanks to the new Gouache rendering engine, giving the graphics a unique canvas texture.
  • Classic ComposerValkyria Revolution has a vibrant soundtrack brought to life by the incredibly talented composer Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Stella Glow).
Valkyria Revolution is not just a new chapter in the legendary Valkyria series, but a whole new entry with new characters, a new world, and new gameplay mechanics. The static, turn-based battlefield has become an action-oriented stage for devastating melee combos, lethal ranged attacks, and strategic shifts to turn the tide of battle, all while exploring the incredible history of the Circle of Five.

:arrow: SOURCE

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Ehi i finaly have a REAL reason for buy a PS4. Other the the obvius next Jikkyou Powerfull Pro Yakyuu 2017...for me at the very least. I still need to play the one on PS3, here in Europe is ultra rare unfortunaly, but i see some gamplay video and try the PSP title and i love this series.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Less surprised by an Xbox release than I am about the Vita release, or lack of an immediate Steam release, given how generally well-received the VC port was. I expect we'll have news of it by late 2017 at the latest.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UH-OH!!!!! SHE IS BACK! :creep:

No i don't mean chary, i mean that one chick that was in dengeki bunko fighting climax as guest character. Yeah, that "SHE" Is back.

Well if you still dunno who i am talking about, then i assume this is why you clicked the spoiler.
I'll tell you then.

Selvaria Bles (セルベリア・ブレス Seruberia Buresu?)
Voiced by: Sayaka Ohara (Japanese); April Stewart (English)
Selvaria is a 22-year-old proud, noble, yet distant woman who serves Maximilian with absolute loyalty as a part of the Drei Stern. The blood of the legendary Valkyria flows in her veins, granting her superhuman powers in battle when she wields an artifact ragnite spear and shield. At a young age she was held at an Imperial research facility, used as a test subject in their experiments until Maximilian rescued her. In the anime version, it is revealed that Maximilian named Selvaria after a blue flower of the same name. After being captured by Gallian forces in Ghirlando, Selvaria sacrifices herself, annihilating the fortress and most of Gallia's main forces with it.
She is recruitable as a hidden character in Valkyria Chronicles II.[6] Selvaria is known to be in the game as a pre-order bonus.[24][25] Selvaria later appears as an antagonist character in the crossover title Project X Zone, opposing Kurt, Riela and Imca from Valkyria Chronicles III.
Oh you probably looking for a picture.... well fine then. But still i dunno, which is better to look at. :unsure:
selvaria_bles_wallpaper_by_biodio.jpg

thumb-1920-592539.jpg

They aren't the same person, just seem too similar. :ninja:

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I already reported this ...twice , but no one paid attention . guess I should start adding sources to my news then...........
Sources are absolutely paramount. I don't really check USN often either, as its easier to just quickly write up a thread myself. I'll try to keep an eye out though.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Amazing, definitely getting the xbox version.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I still need to play the one on PS3, here in Europe is ultra rare unfortunaly,

Funny as it may seem, I bought it factory sealed a few months ago here in banana land for spare change. Still have to play it too, my ps3 back-catalog-to-do is getting too big.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing, definitely getting the xbox version.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Funny as it may seem, I bought it factory sealed a few months ago here in banana land for spare change. Still have to play it too, my ps3 back-catalog-to-do is getting too big.
I got a unopened box of sonic generations for ps3, i might open it after 5 years of not playing it before the new one comes out next year. :P

To be honest i don't know anything about this game or series but i mean is a tactical strategy game right? Probably one of the lesser known sega titles, but perhaps maybe worth trying if i can find it for $5 somewhere if i end up not liking it. Honestly i dunno why but the type of games usually aren't my go to game, i'll play final fantasy tactics cause is has redeemable content, shining force is still hard (if you don't grind levels like a maniac) but too much time managing things instead of playing the game and seeing some action just turns off so easily for some reason, is probably just me anyway. :ninja:

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i think this is a sort of test to release a japanese style game on X1: good sales probably will encourage more and more japanese developers to bring their games on X1

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im surprised its not on PC but its on the XBone. The PC version of Valk Chronicles sold very well and the Bone doesn't exactly have a good reputation for selling copies of games like this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: