Hacking v5.3.2 -vs- v5.5.1 ??

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • If I'm on v5.3.2, is there really any advantage to going to v5.5.1, other than update warnings?
  • Now that @smealum released "some" of his "tools", is there a greater chance of an IOSU exploit release happening? If so, which firmware would be preferred?

Duckling

Sorry for being dumb ;(
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
The only advantage that of sat was great is that there are more people on 5.5.x which can allow for a lot more development ok the homebrew scene which can be proved to lower versions so in reality it's just time.

Davor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!

I didn't want to open a new thread just to ask if there is any advantage in updating to 5.5.1 from 5.5.0? I don't play any games online and I will probably not use Loadiine, but I would like to try and make some homebrew, and I have bad feeling about updating - knowing my luck, they will release an update the moment I take Tubehax DNS off. So, are there any advantages being on 5.5.1, or it's all the same (regarding homebrew and playing games from discs localy)?

Best regards,
Davor

Last edited by Davor,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hello!

I didn't want to open a new thread just to ask if there is any advantage in updating to 5.5.1 from 5.5.0? I don't play any games online and I will probably not use Loadiine, but I would like to try and make some homebrew, and I have bad feeling about updating - knowing my luck, they will release an update the moment I take Tubehax DNS off. So, are there any advantages being on 5.5.1, or it's all the same (regarding homebrew and playing games from discs localy)?

Best regards,
Davor
No not as such, it only patches some browser stuff but nothing worth noting. People are simply suggesting that people on 5.5.0 should update because there's no reason not to. If you're super-paranoid, then don't do it.

NexoCube

Trophies
XP
Country
France
iosuhax is not giving us any chance of developing an IOSU Exploit, it's just some dev tools...

And yeah, upgrade to 5.5.1, it's now the same thing but, with increased boot rate

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming I don't update, isn't there a list of Disc Updates, somewhere?
If so, I should be able to hold off, and update at a later date, right?

jimmmeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Apologies for my ignorance here but I am a 5.3.2 UK console owner and I have never had much luck with the old exploits. Do these new MP4 based ones have the same issue - people talk about the fact they are more reliable but does it still potentially take many, many tries to get them to load for the first time or should they be loading pretty easily now? I am having similar issues to I had with the old ones - I load the MP4 and I see the bottom of the movie player in the browser and then it freezes, on the gamepad and TV - same thing every time. I cleared out browser settings and even did a full reset on the Wii U itself but it's always the same.

I guess I am wondering, whilst it's not ideal to upgrade to 5.5.1 - would I be more likely to get these new MP4 exploits to work or should they have the same success rate with the 5.3.2. variations on my console?

Sorry, I am sure people have answered similar questions a million times.

NiteSite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating in future if needed is always possible. Downgrading is not.
Stay on lower firmware to keep your options open.
Yes but are all options that are available on 5.5.1 also on 5.4.0?

For example in: http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/

How do I update my games to play with Loadiine?
·
Firmware Version Required:

Does this post need to be updated since the 5.5.1 exploit was release? There is no full guide like the one above for 5.5.1 yet. All the guides I have read so far have different options for 5.5.1.

Duckling

Sorry for being dumb ;(
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
So there is no reason to stay on 5.4.0? Just picked up a Wii U today and the one I got has 5.4.40. Totally new to this part of the scene.
Updating in future if needed is always possible. Downgrading is not.
Stay on lower firmware to keep your options open.
If I were you I would stay on 5.4.0 since it's on a lower firmware + nwplayer123 stated that it would be best to stay on 5.3.2-5.4.0, but it's up to you in the end.

Reactions: NiteSite

Arwinger

Trophies
XP
Country
oh-look-jpg.29021

derkiederk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Apologies for my ignorance here but I am a 5.3.2 UK console owner and I have never had much luck with the old exploits. Do these new MP4 based ones have the same issue - people talk about the fact they are more reliable but does it still potentially take many, many tries to get them to load for the first time or should they be loading pretty easily now? I am having similar issues to I had with the old ones - I load the MP4 and I see the bottom of the movie player in the browser and then it freezes, on the gamepad and TV - same thing every time. I cleared out browser settings and even did a full reset on the Wii U itself but it's always the same.

I guess I am wondering, whilst it's not ideal to upgrade to 5.5.1 - would I be more likely to get these new MP4 exploits to work or should they have the same success rate with the 5.3.2. variations on my console?

Sorry, I am sure people have answered similar questions a million times.

Are you self hosting? You literally only need to files from the "www" folder bundled with the latest loadiine nightly. Just open the page and it runs 100%. No need to mess with mp4, php, Java or any of that nonsense on 5.3.2

Reactions: KiiWii

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the same debate as the 5.3.2 Vs. 5.4.0. Moral of the story:

Stay on as low of a firmware as possible, because you have a greater chance for more exploits and tools.

Reactions: kingraa777

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.