Hacking UWP: Noob here, if we are able to change the architecture to x86...

Noober82938

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we are able to change the architecture of an app to x86 and convert the win10 app to an .appx file, will we be able to use it? I did try to convert Kodi, but it gave me an error saying that the architecture was wrong.

Attachments

• 1512879181195.jpg
    1512879181195.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 386

CaseyOmah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.caseyomah.com
XP
Country
United States
The error is claiming that XBONE does not have WoW (meaning Windows on Windows, the feature that allows Windows x64 builds to use x86 programs) building a WoW port for console will not be a simple task.

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ported a build of kodi to uwp recently, I had a problem with the signature though, I already have a fix in the works and think i can get running, it's just a matter of time and motivation at this point.

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is kind of related, on the xbox one feedback page, you are allowed to vote for some ideas of what you like to see on xbox, and Microsoft cares about that list. so if you all want, you can vote for stuff like this which essentially makes it easier to play pc games on xbox one:
https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251646-apps/suggestions/6307017-allow-a-full-steam-app-on-xbox-one

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/2...upport-java-a-full-pc-standard-vm-on-xbox-one

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/2...ns/8464621-make-pc-games-playable-on-xbox-one

if we get more votes, who knows what will happen. Currently they have a decent number of votes, but if we can get them to be higher, we increase our chances so anyone here is free to share these links with other people they know.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I ported a build of kodi to uwp recently, I had a problem with the signature though, I already have a fix in the works and think i can get running, it's just a matter of time and motivation at this point.

oh did you get it to work, with retroplayer plugin?

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No go, I managed to get retroplayer installed in dev mode but all it did was kick me to the store, and the appx i got from the store with fiddler won't install, i don't know if the version being deployed to the xbox is a different build or if there is just some special install privileges it receives from MS. I am not very knowledgeable in all this though, I do believe from what I gathered it wouldn't be difficult for someone more experienced to either get a version working in dev mode, make a work around in retail, or at the very least be able to determine what the current road blocks are.

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh i have a sig fix

I already figured out the sig issue, the problem is that the current uwp builds of kodi do not have full functionality of retroplayer, and many other components, and there is not telling if the kodi team will ever implement them, as it seems from there message boards at least that they are taking a strong stance as to not support any sort of emulation threw it, but that does not mean they won't in some form, or that work arounds won't be made in the future.

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I already figured out the sig issue, the problem is that the current uwp builds of kodi do not have full functionality of retroplayer, and many other components, and there is not telling if the kodi team will ever implement them, as it seems from there message boards at least that they are taking a strong stance as to not support any sort of emulation threw it, but that does not mean they won't in some form, or that work arounds won't be made in the future.
what was your fix

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu