Hacking Uwizard: All-In-One Wii U PC Program

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, I'll try that. Does that update option in the settings tab also update the software?

Edit: Yes it does.

Last edited by Hiccup,

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
Question: what does it mean when it says that it has "[f]inished decrypting contents", but the folders don't appear?

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am aware that wiiubrew.net is dead. I have uploaded the Uwizard 1.1.3 ZIP that as on wiiubrew.net to my Google drive. My partner, who owns wiiubrew.net, has vanished. I don't know if/when he'll be back. :sad:

@Mr. Mysterio Would you mind if I ported this to Qt/C++?
Maybe not everything at once, but at least the most important functions...
I certainly would not mind! Just please include anyone in your credits from the Uwizard credits that helped with whatever part(s) you port.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Question: what does it mean when it says that it has "[f]inished decrypting contents", but the folders don't appear?
I have no idea what causes this obscure bug.

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will you be adding BFRES support for the archive manager? I just cannot get LordNed's BFRES Py Script to work.
Yes, but after I add Gecko dotNET.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Was the Wii U Starbuck Ancast key ever released?
Last I checked, no. However, the SHA1 was released by fail0verflow.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Question, is it possible to extract or examine VC games dumped from the NUS (i.e Snes games) with UWizard? The reason I ask is I'm curious to see if they contain config files deep down :P
even if they did it wouldnt be a solo file it would be like a dol and then you would have to look to see whats inside the dol probably with hex editor i say dol becuase i dont know waht the wiiu executables are called lol.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even if they did it wouldnt be a solo file it would be like a dol and then you would have to look to see whats inside the dol probably with hex editor i say dol becuase i dont know waht the wiiu executables are called lol.

I tried to download and decrypt a VC game, it wouldn't let me do it because it needs some kind of ticket file, it just downloads them the same way NUSGrabber does, un-encrypted files. If someone else wants to try and see if they can do it because I'm getting nowhere -_-

n1ghty

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
All those titles are encrypted. You need a valid ticket from a Wii U which has (or at least had) installed the title. There is currently no public way to extract these from the consoles, so no chance :/ You may fish the key from RAM via PyGecko, but I can't tell you if that's really possible.

Last edited by n1ghty,
Reactions: VinsCool

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All those titles are encrypted. You need a valid ticket from a Wii U which has (or at least had) installed the title. There is currently no public way to extract these from the consoles, so no chance :/ You may fish the key from RAM via PyGecko, but I can't tell you if that's really possible.

Damn, guess I was wrong for wanting to try. I know ROMs can be dumped as @Summersett did extract it from knowing how big the ROM was, but....ugh....yeah, I definitely shouldn't have thought to even try.

I know that Super Metroid is 41 (ROM + whatever they used to package it into a VC Wad).

Last edited by the_randomizer,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, you can try. RPX is a relatively common format, the PS2 used it if you want to look into it. There's most likely documentation for Wii U RPX somewhere easily accessible
No idea how to go about it though, esp. with this program, the problem is I tried to download via NUS, can't decrypt its contents without a proper ticket. Instead, the VC will download the same way NUSGrabber downloads it (those weird 0000500-XXXXX files or whatever), which leaves me even more confused. Maybe I shouldn't be doing this since I'm not a programmer, I doubt I can contribute anything anyways. :unsure:

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
Instead of retriving tickets, you could download the title on your Wii U (using crediar's new title installer tool in needed), then use caffine to grab the files. I think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ¡¡¡ tttoN