Hacking UStealth - Wii U 'Format Disk' Nag workaround :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
use the latest Wiiflow build, it's newer than the one linked in the first post and has the support already added.
just replace the boot.dol in the wiiflow folder.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I am confused, I have latest Wiiflow build on my USB HDD... Am I replacing that file with the one found here to use UStealth?
The one here is old. The newest WiiFlow DOL (v4.2) ALSO has the UStealth fixes in it so if you have the latest WiiFlow there's no need to change anything.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no, if you really have the "latest" build or version, then you don't need to replace anything.
the "latest build" is newer than the one found here.
the "latest build" is compatible with modified Boot sector.

Latest Build = http://code.google.com/p/open-wiiflow-mod/source/list
Latest version = 4.2
version in first post ! 4.1.3 (old !)

edit:
Damn, :ninja:'d

jayjay123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry guys.... I dropped the ball it seems. I inadvertently uploaded a corrupted exe at some point before leaving for a business trip to South America. I'm now back in the land of normal and am uploading a new version as we speak...
...and done. The link in the opening post should now work. Sorry for the hash up!

Reactions: bostonBC

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The R6 release works perfectly! Thank you very much, now I don't have to worry about the kids accidentally reformatting the hard disk and losing everything.

Reactions: jayjay123

jayjay123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There still seems to be a problem with Ustealth exe. link. Contains a virus, could you update the link please? Id really like to try this out, thanks.
No virus - what you're likely seeing is Microsoft's smart screen message - are you running Windows 8? Is this the message you get?

windows8smartscreen.jpg

Just click 'More info' on the left, and let it run.
More about smart screen here:
http://www.howtogeek.com/123938/htg-explains-how-the-smartscreen-filter-works-in-windows-8/

If SmartScreen doesn’t know about an application – whether it’s a new form of malware or just a niche program that few people use – Windows 8 will prevent the application from running on your computer. It will also prevent known-bad programs from running.

knewknow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey jayjay. Thanks for the app, but it doesn't seem to work at all on my system/HDD. When double clicking the drive it doesn't do anything. A few others have mentioned the same problem. Any help?

Thanks..

jayjay123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey jayjay. Thanks for the app, but it doesn't seem to work at all on my system/HDD. When double clicking the drive it doesn't do anything. A few others have mentioned the same problem. Any help?

Thanks..

When did you download? Note the latest update a week ago where I replaced the corrupted .exe that was doing just that?

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
It's a nice app, only downside is adding every other app that use the HDD like Retroarch, WiiXplorer, Scumm, Savegame, etc...
Would be other way around? Leave the HDD visible for everything except for WiiU (not vWii)?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
actually, it can work with some homebrew without any update.
It depends how the partition is initialized in the application.

This first sector (sector 0) contains the 4 primary partition informations (which format, which size, etc.) and the signature.
The stealth mode is done by modifying the first sector's last bytes (the MBR signature).
the partition information is still there, only the signature is different.

For example:
USBLoaderGX is checking the MBR signature before checking the partition list.
USBLoaderGX Forwarder is checking the partition list directly without checking if the first sector is really MBR format. (it expect the partition list to have the correct value)

The forwarder didn't require any update to see/mount the stealth'ed HDD, while the loader itself required an update to don't reject the modified signature.
Some homebrew could work the same way as the USBLoaderGX forwarder and don't check the signature, just try them.

jayjay123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a nice app, only downside is adding every other app that use the HDD like Retroarch, WiiXplorer, Scumm, Savegame, etc...
Would be other way around? Leave the HDD visible for everything except for WiiU (not vWii)?
It's not the ideal solution, - which is likely only to arrive when the Wii U is hacked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr