Homebrew UStealth Question

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello. I have a few questions about ustealth. recently, my hard drive enclosure for my wii/vwii failed - I couldn't turn the hard drive on. I put it in a second enclosure. then, it powered on fine. however, I had forgotten that I had ustealthed the drive, so the hdd was coming up as unallocated memory. I ran a partition recovery app on the drive having forgotten about ustealth, and it didn't find anything. I then ran ustealth, but it said the drive was normal (unhidden). I have two questions about this. if u ustealth a drive in one enclosure, will it show up if u stick the drive in another. I had assumed the drive itself was ustealthed rather than the board inside the enclosure. that doesn't appear to be the case unless I somehow messed something up by running partition recovery on the drive. I'm now running file recovery since the partition couldn't be recovered. I did ustealth the drive a second time after the partition recovwery, then unstealthed it hoping that that would fix it. obviously, it didn't. my second question is, do ustealthed drives show up as unallocated memory? if so, how can I recover from this? thanks!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed the drive with testdisk, and I copied all content to a new drive afterwards. then, I stuck the old drive in a new enclosure and formatted it. now, it's going to be my "backup" drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte