Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
OP
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Noting that Nintendont refused to see UStealth drives BUT that it was using the coresponding signature check inside libFAT instead of performing the check itself, I decided to grab the libFAT code from devkitpro, make the adjustment (partition.c line 183) and recompile to fix it.
...and it worked

Since there are probably several other apps that would instantly gain UStealth compatability by just replacing the existing libFAT with this and recompiling, I thought I'd share
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9d1ffxo16kc1gmq/libfatmod.zip
(just zipped the code folder post-compile so includes the lib file AND code ... and some extra stuff created in the process)

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kool, hope i get this right.... just swap out libfat.a with the one in devkit(rename original to libfat,a.bak) and build whatever project and the result is an app with ustealth'd drive compatibility ?

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
kool, hope i get this right.... just swap out libfat.a with the one in devkit(rename original to libfat,a.bak) and build whatever project and the result is an app with ustealth'd drive compatibility ?

Yes, I have tested to re-compile few apps. by this way and worked no problem.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
OP
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country

With many apps, yes, but not all.
- If the app has the check in it's own source code, no. In that case this will make no change and the only way is to hunt down the sig check and adjust it yourself.
- There are also others that are already UStealth compatable because they just don't do the check at all.
- Otherwise, yes, if it doesn't have the check and is still uncompatible, this should fix it.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
awesome! cant wait to try it with vWiiUneek

You may only be able to use this way to re-compile the boot.dol of vWii sneek(uneek).

The kernel doesn't use libfat so you have to change "ff.c" for di module and
fs-usb module respectively.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey