Hardware Using PAL Wii U on NTSC territories

reax_mpg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,

I own a PAL WiiU bought in Spain and due to my job I'll move to Canada next September.

I'm planning to bring the console with me, but I have a few doubts... I'll be lucky if someone can answer this stuff:

I'm a Wii Fit U regular user and to travel by plane with the balance board it'd be kind of weird (it's big and heavy...). So, I was wondering if anyone know whether I could use a NTSC balance board (I'd buy a second-hand one) with my PAL WiiU.

Also, would I be able to use the online functionalities as the eShop, etc.? I think this wouldn't have to be a problem, but I know that games like "Dragon Quest X" for example is IP blocked (you can't use it outside of Japan, even on a Japanese Wii U*). It'd awful to bring the console to Canada only to discover that I couldn't use it there because it's not in Europe anymore.

Thanks in advance.

*Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...agically_unobtainable_world_of_dragon_quest_x

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
It's usable but you'd have to continue using PAL games for it, so imports would be something you have to think of, and yeah you could still use the online services because it recognises the region where you originally bought it from.

Like for example, let's say you bought a Japanese 3DS and you're using it in France, would it now be using the French Nintendo service? No, the Japanese it is.

reax_mpg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For Wii Fit: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080912051456AAYFOPq Yes, you can use your US BALANCE BOARD on your pal system. NOT THE GAMES.

If I am correct you can reach the European eShop without a problem from Canada. Else try a proxy?

It's usable but you'd have to continue using PAL games for it, so imports would be something you have to think of, and yeah you could still use the online services because it recognises the region where you originally bought it from.

Like for example, let's say you bought a Japanese 3DS and you're using it in France, would it now be using the French Nintendo service? No, the Japanese it is.

Perfect! Thank you guys.

If anyone else is interested, I've just read too that the Wii U Pro controllers aren't region locked! (http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-pro-controller-region-locked.346977/)

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Memory cards and controllers usually aren't region locked but I'd be curious if there are any region locked controllers.

NTSC NES controllers will not work on PAL NES consoles. It was more of a design lock with an added resistor. Since the NTSC NES didn't need it, the PAL controllers worked on the US NES. On the other hand, since the NTSC lacked the resistor, they didn't work on the PAL NES.

The resistor can be added to the NTSC controller to make it work with the PAL NES.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2