Hacking Using my EZ4Lite in a GBA Micro?

db2431

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the ez4lite which takes microsd for my ds lite.I quite fancy buying a GBA micro since they are cheap now.Is it possible to fit the ez4lite in to a micro?I saw that ugly emugen converter ez4 were selling to allow you to use the ez4lite in the micro but im wondering if i can sand down or mod my 2 spare ez4lite carts so they will fit in the micro?Or is is it simply the hardware of the ez4lite wont work in the micro?If its possible to fit the cart will it get stuck?any input would be great thanks.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason an EZ4 lite wouldn't work in a GBA of any variety is the size of the cart case. It's too short to make contact w/ the pins on a GBA or "fat" DS. If you're realy desperate to use it on a GBA I suppose you could get a cheap GBA game out of the bargin bin, gut it and then mod the case to accept the PCB from your EZ4 lite. Seems like more effort then it's worth to me when a GBA flash cart can be had for less then $50.

yee

Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
The MiniSD variation is for the GBA/SP.

It will not fit, period, but possibly if you take off the covers? But I don't think you wanna do that, haha.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You mean the normal EZ4 doesn't fit into the GB Micro?
ohmy.gif

student

Trophies
XP
Country
EZ 4 fit with your GBA/SP/NDS
EZ 4 Lite fit with your NDSL
EZ 4 Lite Deluxe fit with your NDSL (run DS and GBA ROM)
EZ 4 Lite Compact fit with your NDSL(Only run DS ROM)

neojei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, using the casings that come with the EZ4 Lite won't let it work. As someone sad, it isn't the size of a normal gba cart. I wish they included a case that was standard size so it can be used in GBA and DS Phats, i'd be all over it then.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For the record before I made a new case I filed down my EZ4l and used it in my DS and SP for while.
I had to use a screwdriver to get it out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans