laugh.gif

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think you should. It's about your rights and possibilities!

ROFL. I can't actually believe you said "it's about your rights". You have no rights playing copied games on your console (unless you own the original game, which I most highly doubt. You don't have any rights to break the law. And your possibilities, anything is possible. Importing cocaine pellets up your arse is possible. Stabbing someone for their wallet is possible.

In court:
Judge: "You have been fined XXX for copyright infringement"
OrR: "But it was my right! And i had the possibility! I'm innocent!"

...give me a break. I guess it's not your fault though, not everyone was born with common sense
lecture.gif

rice151

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
heh, I don't own any 360 Games, except the Trilogy of the BK games!
tongue.gif

All I have are demos, but I REALLY want to get Rainbow 6: Vegas, Viva, Halo 3, and VFighter 5.

Good thing I don't even touch my 360 for anything else =/

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
These companies do like to make big publicity stunts out of bannings. WoW has been doing it for a long time. They will wait until they have several thousands of accounts flagged, then ban them all and put out a press release "Look how much we clean up the game, 200,000 bad people banned!"

MS could have flagged your box at any time, and just now getting to the bannings. That's life in this game we play...

nephdj

Trophies
XP
Country
Fact is xbox users wanted this on the orginal xbox, the mods allowed halo2 hackers
Whole community outcryed about it, except the pirates
bungie use to get 1000s of email a day about wanting hackers banned

there is more to it then most people relize

spas

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
yea dude I was talking about mexicans in #fw and I got banned hahah.. but it's just a word trigger

not to be racist or anything...

That was you hahah I was in there when that was going on its a small world!

The question those banned have to ask themselves now is:

Is it worth keeping my 360 with no live or is it needed for the experience?

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
i would still keep the banned box... use it to test out the games, and get a new unmodded box and buy the games you really like.... even with buying two sysems, it would save you money in the long run... instead of buying each game, playing it for a couple hours, then letting it collect dust.

spas

Trophies
XP
Country
We all knew this was too good to be true when flashing from the start but so much fun was had!

But its going to be interesting how badly private 2nd hand sales are affected!

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i would still keep the banned box... use it to test out the games, and get a new unmodded box and buy the games you really like.... even with buying two sysems, it would save you money in the long run... instead of buying each game, playing it for a couple hours, then letting it collect dust.

I think most people would choose that option, and that means m$ may have shot themselves in the foot - am I right in thinking they still lose $$$ on every 360 sold?

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
that means m$ may have shot themselves in the foot - am I right in thinking they still lose $$$ on every 360 sold?

I've said before in this thread but it's worth repeating: MS decision is a completely great, common-sense, business decision that any console company would have taken. Profit wise, and community wise.

- Make piracy an issue
- Enforce punishment on those who breach it
- Attracts more developers (who make money from software sales)
- Obtain more exclusive IPs
- More great games appear, console benefits, community benefits, profits benefit

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
yea. i'm not trying to argue ms's business practice. but i'm argueing that a banned box isnt a complete waste. some games online play is a little lacking, where the single player is stellar. keeping the banned box for those games and buying a new console for the games you wanna go live with is the best idea. sure, m$ stung you. but they didnt wreck the system or disable the fw. it still serves its modded purpose... playing back ups. now they just cant get online. but as far as ms shooting themselfs in the foot, i dont think they did. cuz now everyone that have a modded box and addicted to live will go and buy another one. another console sale is better than nothing. and now the modders have to go buy a real game to get online (not sayin that ya'll didnt) which, makes ms more money too.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
now everyone that have a modded box and addicted to live will go and buy another one. another console sale is better than nothing.

But doesn't m$ lose money on every console sold? If so, every time a modder buys a new console it will cost m$ $$$

And seeing as every modder will still be playing backups (only paying for the very best live-enabled games) they might struggle to recoup through software sales.

Intruder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
now everyone that have a modded box and addicted to live will go and buy another one. another console sale is better than nothing.

But doesn't m$ lose money on every console sold? If so, every time a modder buys a new console it will cost m$ $$$

And seeing as every modder will still be playing backups (only paying for the very best live-enabled games) they might struggle to recoup through software sales.

Not anymore....

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, I understand what you're saying.

I never said m$ did the wrong thing. I just thought the whole "console-sale = loss" was an interesting point to factor in.

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think you should. It's about your rights and possibilities!

ROFL. I can't actually believe you said "it's about your rights". You have no rights playing copied games on your console (unless you own the original game, which I most highly doubt. You don't have any rights to break the law. And your possibilities, anything is possible. Importing cocaine pellets up your arse is possible. Stabbing someone for their wallet is possible.

In court:
Judge: "You have been fined XXX for copyright infringement"
OrR: "But it was my right! And i had the possibility! I'm innocent!"

...give me a break. I guess it's not your fault though, not everyone was born with common sense
lecture.gif
I only saw this now... Wow, you so did not get what I was saying... I do have the right to play copied games on all my consoles as long as the games are licensed for free copying. About a third of what I play on the DS is. Maybe half of what I play on the PC. And about two thirds of what I play on the GP2X. On the Wii I have got a problem, though: There is no possibility to run Wii homebrew. That's what I mean with possibilities. Of course if something is possible that doesn't mean it's legal. But if something is impossible, that doesn't mean it would be illegal. Just because Nintendo want to keep me from playing homebrew on the Wii does not mean they have the right to. My Wii does not belong to them. Yet they are trying to control it which I feel is violating my rights but at least it's limiting my possibilities.
Hackability is the second most important thing in a console just after the available games, and not only for pirates.
And just for information: I buy pretty much all the games I like and actually play. I own 24 original DS carts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte