Gaming Used Ambassador 3DS XL

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bought a used Ambassador 3DS XL on eBay. The problem is that I can't seem to mess with it so that it can become my own. The 3DS itself is already tied to an account on the Nintendo Network. Right now, I don't want to format the system because I'm afraid it'll delete the ambassador certificate and lose all the NES and GBA games that was already downloaded in the system. Is there any way to keep the games while deleting the account off of the system and putting in my own account in? Or should I somehow do a System Transfer and transfer the Ambassador 3DS files to the other 3DS. Although, I'm wondering that if I do the System Transfer, the Ambassador 3DS's account would overwrite my other 3DS's account. Because I want my Nintendo Network ID to be the main one while keeping the Ambassador certificate and games on there with my other games that I've purchased and downloaded.

Edit: The system itself also seems to be logged off from the Nintendo Network. What I meant is that when I tried to get on the eShop, Miiverse, or change the Nintendo Network ID settings, it'll ask for the previous owner's password. Which, of course, I don't know. :glare:

Edit #2: I'm not even sure if this is the right place to make this thread. Or if anyone notices this...:wacko:

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no way to transfer games from one NNID to another or merge two NNIDs into one, short of possibly calling Nintendo and asking them, and I believe they refuse most of the time. You can still try, though.

Also, thanks to Nintendo's skewed way of looking at accounts, if you already have a 3DS with an NNID, you cannot put that NNID on another 3DS. It's one per system.

If the system is not logged into the Nintendo Network, one of two things may have happened.
1: Could be a stolen system.
2: The previous owner may have elected to remove his info but not do a transfer, in the hope that putting his NNID into a new unit would give him access to the Ambassador games (Like one would do with almost any other system like Sony or Microsoft).

So, either you have to live with it or call Nintendo and see if they will do anything.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no way to transfer games from one NNID to another or merge two NNIDs into one, short of possibly calling Nintendo and asking them, and I believe they refuse most of the time. You can still try, though.

Also, thanks to Nintendo's skewed way of looking at accounts, if you already have a 3DS with an NNID, you cannot put that NNID on another 3DS. It's one per system.

If the system is not logged into the Nintendo Network, one of two things may have happened.
1: Could be a stolen system.
2: The previous owner may have elected to remove his info but not do a transfer, in the hope that putting his NNID into a new unit would give him access to the Ambassador games (Like one would do with almost any other system like Sony or Microsoft).

So, either you have to live with it or call Nintendo and see if they will do anything.
I hope calling Nintendo would help me get something out of it... If not, well... this sucks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D