Misc Use streetpass in one convention with an hacked 3ds?

Kanakops

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hey guyz soon we have a convention at Canada (Otakuthon) and I want to go here with my 3ds because obviously a lot of people going to pick it here, but my 3ds are hack, if I use streetpass here, I have some chance to be ban ? Because all people here going to have my mii and somes informations about my 3ds and when they going at theys home, theys probably going to connect on internet and send this information to nintendo nah?

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, change the streetpass settings to the correct ones (I don't remember off the top of my head where the settings are), and have your favorite and last played games be legit games, and you'll be fine.

Reactions: Kanakops
D

Deleted User

Nintendo will most likely be able to see what homebrew apps your running and ban you in the next banwave,that's if you run homebrew while spotpass is on.Chances are they can detect pirated games (unlegit cias but im unshure if free shop games count as unlegit since they count as digital eshop downloads) while running spotpass aswell but that could be false.

Reactions: Kanakops

Kanakops

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, change the streetpass settings to the correct ones (I don't remember off the top of my head where the settings are), and have your favorite and last played games be legit games, and you'll be fine.

Thanks, I already have my streetpass setting off, now im going to remove all games using streetpass (The only legits games I have before in cartdrige, I have convert in .cia)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nintendo will most likely be able to see what homebrew apps your running and ban you in the next banwave,that's if you run homebrew while spotpass is on.Chances are they can detect pirated games (unlegit cias but im unshure if free shop games count as unlegit since they count as digital eshop downloads) while running spotpass aswell but that could be false.

I never run illegitimate app online and im not going to launch things like fbi ect with streetpass anyway
So if I just play games like super smash/pokemon (.cia) here Im not going to have some problems?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
FWIW I do get a kick of advertising Undertale.cia along with a button symbols filled greeting

when they going at theys home, theys probably going to connect on internet and send this information to nintendo nah?
This claim is completely unproven

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If what you're saying is true, I should've been banned because of having the sp mii plaza premium along with all the games without paying for it (someday I will buy Monster Manor, it's a must have and I consider it worth my money), as well as having a custom application I built for the lulz and specificly for people to tag me with that application displayed as recent software. I wasn't banned so far. If you're still worried about other people telling Ninty you have your console with cfw, just open and close something legit before going to the expo as Mikemk suggested and there's nothing related to that that you should worry about

Last edited by Mr.Faq2015,

Kanakops

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If what you're saying is true, I should've been banned because of having the sp mii plaza premium along with all the games without paying for it (someday I will buy Monster Manor, it's a must have and I consider it worth my money), as well as having a custom application I built for the lulz and specificly for people to tag me with that application displayed as recent software. I wasn't banned so far. If you're still worried about other people telling Ninty you have your console with cfw, just open and close something legit before going to the expo as Mikemk suggested and there's nothing related to that that you should worry about

Oh no my english is bad, I mean when you connect on internet with a 3ds, the 3ds sends some informations to nintendo, for my part, streetpass functions like 'send informations to nintendo' is off, but other people in convention probably not, and when they going to connect on internet, the 3ds can send information to nintendo (like informations pick with streetpass) but its a supposition I don't have proof of that, but im glad of what you saying to me now because if you have do a lot of things pretty obvious and normally deserve a ban and don't get ban I think I don't have to be afraid, anyway thanks for the advice (and for the game, I don't know this game before), im just going to the expo with streetpass and profit to play here

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone