Hacking USBLOADER GX freezing up...

zantax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok I will get right into it, I am able to play any ISO from my USB HDD with USBLOADER GX, and it plays fine. However when I hit the home button in the game and exit to the wii menu then go back into the USBLOADER GX Channel or Homebrew USBLOADER GX and choose any other game it freezes with a black screen, and I have to power off my wii, and power it on to play another game. Now I figured it was first USBLOADER GX so I tried Coverfloater as well and it did the same thing. Any ideas?

Here is the basics of what I have loaded...
Wii original menu 4.0u
Followed the guide here
http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=12923

I loaded banner bomb no problem, then Boot MII no problem and made a nand backup, I could not install Boot MII as boot2 only IOS.

after that was all loaded and I had my nand backup I then proceeded to load these...
Trucha Bug Restorer 1.0 - installed everything from the network
cIOS 38 rev 13 - from network
USBLOADER GX and updated to latest version

After that didn't work I tried a couple things, I restored my nand backup and redid all the steps but left out the cIOS38 rev13 update instead I did the cIO36 rev 10, and tried again, same thing, then I tried instead of loading the cIOS36 from withing Trucha Bug Restorer I tried the seperate installer from wikini(wrong spelling). Wouldn't install that update, so I reverted everything with the nand backup and I am starting fresh again, any ideas what to do differently.

*note I didn't do backup launcher or preloader from the guide above as well as the GC part.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zantax said:
Ok I will get right into it, I am able to play any ISO from my USB HDD with USBLOADER GX, and it plays fine. However when I hit the home button in the game and exit to the wii menu then go back into the USBLOADER GX Channel or Homebrew USBLOADER GX and choose any other game it freezes with a black screen, and I have to power off my wii, and power it on to play another game. Now I figured it was first USBLOADER GX so I tried Coverfloater as well and it did the same thing. Any ideas?

Wii original menu 4.0u
Followed the guide here

I loaded banner bomb no problem, then Boot MII no problem and made a nand backup, I could not install Boot MII as boot2 only IOS.

after that was all loaded and I had my nand backup I then proceeded to load these...

After that didn't work I tried a couple things, I restored my nand backup and redid all the steps but left out the cIOS38 rev13 update instead I did the cIO36 rev 10, and tried again, same thing, then I tried instead of loading the cIOS36 from withing Trucha Bug Restorer I tried the seperate installer from wikini(wrong spelling). Wouldn't install that update, so I reverted everything with the nand backup and I am starting fresh again, any ideas what to do differently.

*note I didn't do backup launcher or preloader from the guide above as well as the GC part.

zantax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
0ld8oy said:
zantax said:

Wii original menu 4.0u
Followed the guide here

Ok not to sound dense or anything but you quoted that I installed cIOS38 rev13, are you saying cIOS249 rev13 is the same thing? I searched for cIOS249 rev 14 couldn't find it but I did find cIOS38 rev12, so I started fresh and tried that, it didn't work at all. So could you be a bit more specific what you want me to install where cIOS38 rev 13 is?

Thanks

zantax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
zektor said:
You followed a guide, just blindly installing things that you don't even know about? Wow...

Anyway, yes, cIOS rev 13 installs to IOS249, hence it IS cIOS 249 rev 13. You can get the latest right from the man himself:

http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blogs/waninkoko

Wow talk about being harsh, thank you for explaining that to me, and for the link. I do appreciate it, and as for blindly installing things that I don't even know about, I know the basics to stop myself from bricking my unit, these cIOS numbers just honestly confuse me. But you just explained alot about it with that one statement, thanks.

zantax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the help guys that fixed the problem I was having, I do appreciate it
smile.gif

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zantax said:
zektor said:
You followed a guide, just blindly installing things that you don't even know about? Wow...

Anyway, yes, cIOS rev 13 installs to IOS249, hence it IS cIOS 249 rev 13. You can get the latest right from the man himself:

http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blogs/waninkoko

Wow talk about being harsh, thank you for explaining that to me, and for the link. I do appreciate it, and as for blindly installing things that I don't even know about, I know the basics to stop myself from bricking my unit, these cIOS numbers just honestly confuse me. But you just explained alot about it with that one statement, thanks.

Sorry if I appear to be harse. Just call it tough love, buddy
smile.gif
Glad it worked out for you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool